Space Station Suggestions

Do you want these features?

• Total voters
OK, I really like how you can create your own space station, but I have some suggestions on how to make it better:

• Delete button (I don't want to go to the saves folder. It feels too...manual.)
  • Delete the blocks at the spawn (When I first spawned, I noticed a blue block and then some invisible blocks on top of it. I got rid of them, and I could still spawn. I think they're for spawning, so if they are, just note that you can still spawn without them.)
  • Create a new block if there aren't any at your space station (If you get rid of every single last block there, there's no way to add any more and you'll just have to delete it. If you add this feature, the space station will generate a new block (maybe dirt?) so that you can continue to build.
  • Multiple space stations (It would be cool if you could have more than 1 space station. The maximum number could go in .minecraft\config\Galacticraft\core.conf)
  • Space stations orbiting the moon (The ability to create a space station that orbits the moon instead of the Overworld)
Thank you for considering this. :)

Reactions: megatarre

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Delete button is a good idea.
You can spawn without them, but if you cover them up you die. They are space savers. Mainly so MicDoodle doesn't have to debug the inevidable. Why do I take suffocation damage when I go to my SS.
If you don't get rid of the spawn block then you always have a block to attach to.
All good ideas.

You can spawn without them, but if you cover them up you die. They are space savers. Mainly so MicDoodle doesn't have to debug the inevidable. Why do I take suffocation damage when I go to my SS.
All good ideas.

I always wondered what those were for. However, it would be nice if the blue block is invisible and collision-less, too, so that it doesn't look like there isn't a random blue block there.

Thanks for voting yes. :)

Nov 26, 2013
All are very good ideas, but also you can create another space station just bye putting it somewhere close to the other space station. Also I voted yes.

Aug 26, 2013
I would suggest to have 0 gravity on space stations, be able to produce something there, and have space stations randomly placed in the 'Earth orbit dimension' só I could destroy someoe's station from my own work (maybe with icbm).

Reactions: TheGalacticCrafter
And maybe add a function that if you jump of your station you have the option to activate your parachute or fall to your death. If you choose to fall you will become a flaming ball of fire upon re-entering the overworlds atmosphere, for the people who commit suicide or if alien invaders (if implemented) shoot you off the station.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Adding my 5 cents. To travel between space stations could be used transport spacecrafts like Soyuz-TMA and such. Also can be used to travel back to Overworld.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGalacticCrafter

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
Delete button. Agreed.
I believe space stations on other planets may be 'yet implimented' since it seems 'cannot build space station here' could be changed.
Oh and since they're wandering around in GC3 perhaps if their Y coordinate is the same there's a chance they could smash into each other. Highly doubtful because of /ssinvite creating an in-game permission system and having to dimensions overlap suddently would be a headache to code, but a neat idea in my opinion. To avoid simply make sure you build higher/lower than others. Oh and very rare occuring.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I've noticed the only way to select a space station is to click on a moving target. A person with a slower computer might find it difficult and annoying. Perhaps a drop down of all satellites (natural like the moon and artificial like space stations) could appear after selecting Earth.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
About open space, the player without hazmat suite or other closed type of armor/suits must suffer by a solar radiation. :)

Reactions: Riroo
Feb 28, 2014
I would suggest to have 0 gravity on space stations, be able to produce something there, and have space stations randomly placed in the 'Earth orbit dimension' só I could destroy someoe's station from my own work (maybe with icbm).
I want all the space stations in the same dimension too!

Adding my 5 cents. To travel between space stations could be used transport spacecrafts like Soyuz-TMA and such. Also can be used to travel back to Overworld.
That is a fantastic idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
Also to travel around the station and short distances, need to reinvent Cosmonaut Extravehicular Maneuvering Unit.

Nov 12, 2014
My suggestion for the station would be to make it larger with an interior which has a sleeping quarters, mess hall and recreation facility. It could be similar to the space station from 2001:A Space Oddessy.

armdn

Jul 18, 2014
My suggestion for the station would be to make it larger with an interior which has a sleeping quarters, mess hall and recreation facility. It could be similar to the space station from 2001:A Space Oddessy.

What the problem for you to build it?

I want all the space stations in the same dimension too!

Technicaly this is just a shared or public orbit. Default stations could be placed in same coordinates where rocket started from ground of overworld.

I would like a station around the sun :)
Heliocentric orbit is a nice idea! Returning to home will require rocket or other spacecraft for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: