Space Suits

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mark Bolhuis, May 17, 2013.

?

Do you agree with this?

1. Yes I do agree

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No, I don't agree

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Flashy-3

Flashy-3 Member

No, if you go into space with out a suit and helmet, your head freezes, then explodes due to pressure

2. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Douglas_Fresh likes this.
  3. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Oops, this forum keeps trolling me. I posted on wrong topic. Moved post here: link.

#23 Ezer'Arch, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  4. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

Why not just a GC armor set?

Ulv77 likes this.
  5. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

Or that works too. I don't know why, but I just assumed it would be using the current oxygen equipment. I guess the point is to replace that gear with a full suit. Geez, don't know why I couldn't grasp that one.

6. Benoni

Benoni Member

7. AcapitalA

AcapitalA Member

Pretty sad that that doesn't work, love to see some stuff explode... :(

#27 AcapitalA, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  8. OpelSpeedster

OpelSpeedster Member

Just one thing;

The helmet's glass should be transparent so we can see the skin's face.

9. Badwolf

Badwolf Member

There needs to be craft able space suit that you must wear when on any plant or in space. I think this mod needs this (don't start on how minecraft is not like the real world, I know this) because in real life without a space suit you will burst like a balloon. Plus it would look cooler that just your minecraft skin with a glass helmet, and two tanks on your back

10. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

I like the idea. I think it would look better, myself. I do think it should have a configuration option though so you can use the old gear or something. I imagine there are people out there that like the look of their own skin better and/or if you have people on a server that all look the same it might make it difficult to id players.

11. Badwolf

Badwolf Member

I know people like there skin, That is why they choose that skin. Also with name plates IDing some one is not hard, but there is some talk that Minecraft my end up taking out name plates or having and option to "mute" them.

12. wolfboyft

wolfboyft Member

I think that you would still wear those cool oxygen masks though. Support, anyway.

13. TheUnkownPlayer

support!
    Tails Doll is watching you when you sleep.

14. Zachecho

Zachecho Member

i kinda support the idea of an eva suit for space exploration since you would die instantly in the vacuum of space in the first 0.5 second you would smell nasal fluid then you die

15. Space Viking

Space Viking Member

Micdoodle8 has stated he kind of want to change around some of the original stuff he added as basic gear instead of full suits. One reason it haven't happen yet is he'd be required to remove the old system, which could complicate old saves with a guarantee suffocation depending on if your last save wasn't in a pressurized environment. He'd be required to resolve that technical dilemma it seems. Personally, I think it would be totally worth it even if it would result into me suffocating on the Moon's surface. :p

The space suits appearance and functionality could potentially be customized in a similar manner to how you can customize your power armor in Modular Powersuits.

16. IsoMS

IsoMS Member

Micdoodle posted this sometime ago.

17. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

Ever since I got the mod I wondered about this. It does make it more realistic than doing what cartoon characters do.

18. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

Actually, you would not explode in the vacuum of space, as your body is held together by your own molecules. Instead, the low pressure of space will make your blood boil and you would swell up (your BLOOD isn't boiling, rather the fluid thats makes blood liquid is boiling.) This would impede your blood flow and result in death. On the other hand, you would run out oxygen fast (15 seconds) as there is no oxygen in space. If you try to hold your breath to not run out of oxygen as fast, your lungs will expand and rupture, but this will still not cause an explosion. You will also be exposed to very high levels of radiation from the sun.

I think that would be a good idea. You would need some kind of radiation plating when traveling to places with low atmospheres which have no radiation shielding. I would also like to see some form of pressure system for surviving of places with hostile atmospheres. You give a very good point. Maybe being exposed to the outside world could give you an effect like Ic2's radiation effect from touching radioactive materials?

A space suit would be a very good idea though, and maybe it could be upgraded to also be radiation protective, not just pressure protective. Problem is, you need armour to for combat in space, so maybe you could just combine your suit with your armour to get a protected space suit. The armour will run out eventually, and after it breaks it will just become a normal spacesuit.

#38 Codym2405, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
    AcapitalA likes this.
  19. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

Hmmm armourized space suits...... reminds me of Dead space 2 and 3

20. GalacticBlock20

Actually, you could use the armor as an upgrade or an addon to the space suit instead