• Yes I do agree

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No, I don't agree

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Whether this particular skin is used or not, I thought it might be cool if when you put on all the oxygen equipment it turns your custom skin into a space suit so that you don't have to wear the space suit all the time like my skin. Of course this could have a config. option so those who want their own skin on all the time aren't forced to wear it.

Why not just a GC armor set?

Reactions: Ulv77

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Pretty sad that that doesn't work, love to see some stuff explode... :(

Last edited:

Badwolf

Jan 4, 2014
There needs to be craft able space suit that you must wear when on any plant or in space. I think this mod needs this (don't start on how minecraft is not like the real world, I know this) because in real life without a space suit you will burst like a balloon. Plus it would look cooler that just your minecraft skin with a glass helmet, and two tanks on your back

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
There needs to be craft able space suit that you must wear when on any plant or in space. I think this mod needs this (don't start on how minecraft is not like the real world, I know this) because in real life without a space suit you will burst like a balloon. Plus it would look cooler that just your minecraft skin with a glass helmet, and two tanks on your back

I like the idea. I think it would look better, myself. I do think it should have a configuration option though so you can use the old gear or something. I imagine there are people out there that like the look of their own skin better and/or if you have people on a server that all look the same it might make it difficult to id players.

Badwolf

Jan 4, 2014
I know people like there skin, That is why they choose that skin. Also with name plates IDing some one is not hard, but there is some talk that Minecraft my end up taking out name plates or having and option to "mute" them.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
i kinda support the idea of an eva suit for space exploration since you would die instantly in the vacuum of space in the first 0.5 second you would smell nasal fluid then you die

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Micdoodle8 has stated he kind of want to change around some of the original stuff he added as basic gear instead of full suits. One reason it haven't happen yet is he'd be required to remove the old system, which could complicate old saves with a guarantee suffocation depending on if your last save wasn't in a pressurized environment. He'd be required to resolve that technical dilemma it seems. Personally, I think it would be totally worth it even if it would result into me suffocating on the Moon's surface. :p

The space suits appearance and functionality could potentially be customized in a similar manner to how you can customize your power armor in Modular Powersuits.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Micdoodle posted this sometime ago.

Micdoodle8 said:
Yeah I like that idea, having separate gear for different environments. I was planning on implementing that anyway for extremely high heat and planets with high atmospheric pressure. I kind of want to change around some of the original stuff I added such as basic gear instead of full suits, but I don't like the idea of everyone on the moon dying after updating :p

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Actually, you would not explode in the vacuum of space, as your body is held together by your own molecules. Instead, the low pressure of space will make your blood boil and you would swell up (your BLOOD isn't boiling, rather the fluid thats makes blood liquid is boiling.) This would impede your blood flow and result in death. On the other hand, you would run out oxygen fast (15 seconds) as there is no oxygen in space. If you try to hold your breath to not run out of oxygen as fast, your lungs will expand and rupture, but this will still not cause an explosion. You will also be exposed to very high levels of radiation from the sun.

I think that would be a good idea. You would need some kind of radiation plating when traveling to places with low atmospheres which have no radiation shielding. I would also like to see some form of pressure system for surviving of places with hostile atmospheres. You give a very good point. Maybe being exposed to the outside world could give you an effect like Ic2's radiation effect from touching radioactive materials?

A space suit would be a very good idea though, and maybe it could be upgraded to also be radiation protective, not just pressure protective. Problem is, you need armour to for combat in space, so maybe you could just combine your suit with your armour to get a protected space suit. The armour will run out eventually, and after it breaks it will just become a normal spacesuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AcapitalA