• Yes I do agree

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No, I don't agree

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
THERE IS NO SPACESUIT

I really wish there is a proper spacesuit that looks cool, just like the NASA ones. Having oxygen tank is is fine, but having skin exposed is seriously unrealistic

Perhaps the suit has to be different depending on where you are going, for example Venus, it has to withstand immense heat, where as Jupiter, it has to be able to support the player against the strong gravity.

If the player takes the suit off in these harsh condition they would die, probably instantly

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
I agree, perhaps not to the extent that would involve different space suit variations, however I think it would be a bit more interesting if there was a space suit added into the game, even if it was just another type of armor that looked different.

I was thinking that the steel armor set could be retextured to accommodate this suggestion. I currently have my diamond armor retextured and repurposed as a space suit, I like it, it's fun. I also adapted my character skin to be more astronaut-esque. Just some suggestions for people that read this, agree, and are looking for a temporary alternative before/if space suits are implemented.

Lastly, on the flip side of this is the fact that personally I found it a bit refreshing that there was no space suit armor requirement per se. Especially considering the need for armor on the moon (and assumedly other planets) I found it convenient that there wasn't a specific armor set that I HAD to wear despite it's armor rating. Know what I mean jelly beans?

Jake

Mar 11, 2013
I just made a skin for my character that looked like a space suit. It'll have to do until there's an actual one(if there ever is one.)

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
I came across the idea for a space suit (one that looks like an actual astronaut's space suit) when I was getting all of my oxygen gear made and looked at my character. I thought, you know, it would be really cool to have a space suit and actually look like an astronaut. To me, I made going to space more of a roleplaying experience as to where I am an actual astronaut, so I was looking into the more realistic look.

With the spacesuit in mind, I began to think that a good addon needs to add something more than just aesthetics to the mod. So I figured, well what are actual space suits used for? Imagine, if you will, you get to the moon without a space suit, and next thing you know a solar flare or gamma radiation hits the moon. Now, with the moon not having as strong of an atmosphere as the Earth, you will be bombarded with this radiation harder than on Earth, therefore it would begin to deal damage to you. But with a space suit on, this could be avoided.

This will hopefully not only add a more realistic, or cooler look to your character when he/she ventures into space, but also add in some realistic events that occur while being in space.

Thanks a lot!
-Braanflakes

madrocker360

Jun 24, 2013
I think a good little addon to this great mod will be to add a little more difficulty. I was thinking of a new suit that looks like a modern astronaut's Protective Space Suit. Basically adding a chest piece, leggings, feet, even gloves. If you are without any of these items you will take damage.

matt albrecht

Apr 14, 2013
I think a good little addon to this great mod will be to add a little more difficulty. I was thinking of a new suit that looks like a modern astronaut's Protective Space Suit. Basically adding a chest piece, leggings, feet, even gloves. If you are without any of these items you will take damage.
Try mekanism, when wearing the site press "L" to change your color.

Last edited by a moderator:

prophet1990

Jul 25, 2013
My suggestion is associated with improved astronaut suit.
For example similar to this:

astronaut%2520gnollman.png

I'm sorry for my mistakes, but I can not write good English.

Google Translator xD

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
Even though the suit can be re-textured, this idea is great, because in space with merely a helmet and air tanks, you would immediately freeze to death, unless your on venus or mercury, than you would burn

Reactions: prophet1990

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Whether this particular skin is used or not, I thought it might be cool if when you put on all the oxygen equipment it turns your custom skin into a space suit so that you don't have to wear the space suit all the time like my skin. Of course this could have a config. option so those who want their own skin on all the time aren't forced to wear it.

Reactions: Ulv77

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
Even though the suit can be re-textured, this idea is great, because in space with merely a helmet and air tanks, you would immediately freeze to death, unless your on venus or mercury, than you would burn

so this was a missunderstanding ;) I thought he mean to made the actual oxygen gear more spacesuitlike

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
not only that you'll freeze to death but it gets even better! You're body also would explode :D