Spacecraft landing location

Ronan87

Jun 26, 2013
How do i change where the spacecraft lands on the earth and on the moon?

Every time it's making me land FAR from my base on earth and on the moon.

Please advise,

Thank you.

Ronan87

Jun 26, 2013
That's what i figured. I have a giant moon-base i want people on my server to go to when launcher to the moon.

How can i 'force' the spaceships to land there, or anything similar?

Right now people are landing all over the place, which is useless... they need air + stuff, and everything is ready in the moon base.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It's a bit tricky to explain.

That's the rule: the moon lander will spawn at the same coord of the point when you exited the previous dimension.

For example: you lifted off from overworld, when you reached the height 1,200 your coord was X= 100, Z= 100, then the moon lander will spawn at X=100, Y=1,200, Z=100.

Solutions:

1) Simple one: Build the launch pad exactly at the same coord of the moon base's.

2) Interesting but might be impracticable: build a hub space station with a rail track to a launch pad built exactly at the moon base's coord. Player would need to land on this station and take a minecart to the launch pad.

3) This is for bold ones: players will be required to F3 and control manually the launch and "drive" the rocket to the coord of the moon base. If the moon base is at 1000,1000, the player would need to maneuver the rocket to 1000,1000 before exiting the overworld.

4) Economical: let them walk from wherever they land to the moon base.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
3) This is for bold ones: players will be required to F3 and control manually the launch and "drive" the rocket to the coord of the moon base. If the moon base is at 1000,1000, the player would need to maneuver the rocket to 1000,1000 before exiting the overworld.

It will spawn you at the coords you launched from, not the coords you exited from, so driving the rocket the the correct coords before exiting the overworld is pointless. Other than that you are correct.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
oops, I should double-check stuff before saying things from my memory. A while ago in the 1st days when I was trying GC I landed on a different position from that I was used to. I thought it was because I had "moved" the rocked. Sorry for messing up.