Spam? Bait & switch? What is this?

supermandy

Mar 11, 2013
Clicking on the link on the blog downloads a download/installation application called iLivid. Aptly named, because I was pretty livid when I saw how much malware it tried to offload onto my ehd. I only allowed it to begin installation in the first place because I thought it was required to download Galacticraft. Once it finished and I realized what had happened, I went back to the link to double check, or see if there was somewhere in the application to prompt the download. Nope. Has your blog been hacked or do I have a virus? I haven't had any problems with any other downloads today.

Burnsy

Mar 10, 2013
iLivid is a virus. it is on most websites it makes you think that it is legit but it is not. you should only trust things you know and always look for a little water mark in the corner if it has a small mark it is a add

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
And that virus ad is all over Adfly and Advoc. Just ignore it and follow the modder's directions. For Adfly just press skip add in the top right corner. If it opens up as a window, just close it. Never click on ads and be really careful not to do so on accident either.

Murler

Mar 9, 2013
VA, USA
iLivid, ive never really understood because it costs ALOT of money to put out ads like that. Maybe 4chan is to blame? i dont know. Adfoc is a ad program for download links to make money. You set it up easily and make profit from visitors on your adfoc page. This is why micdoodle8 "strictly prohibits" you post the direct link to the mod. I think its 5 cents per visitor...