Spawn point in GC dimensions

JasonMcRay

Jan 19, 2014
I had this idea when one of players of my modpack asked about forcing players to respawn in Overworld if they die in GC dimension, because if they will die, they are inmost cases stuck on the planet without Oxy gear, making it impossible to reach back to their stuff. Especially on servers this might be a problem.

But with this also comes an issue and currently there is no "easy" solution.
1) Leave the players to re-spawn in GC dimension (where they died). Since they respawn at the set World Spawn Point it makes it impossible for them to reach to their stuff, especially on the servers when players tend to build further away from each other.

2) If i will set the Force Overworld Respawn to true, it will solve the "stuck" issue, but on the other hand it will make "travelling" back to overworld exploitable (with vanilla ender chest, they can store their stuff, kill them selves, respawn at OW and retrieve their stuff back from ender chest)

Iknow that players can set their re-spawn point by using Cryogenic Chamber, but what about those just starting their travels to planets? laso i know there is /dimensiontp command, but... that is cheating.

Solution:
Force incomming rockets to always land at (or nearby in random direction in x radius) Spawn Point of said GC dimension. If people will build their base far from Spawn they will still be able to use Launch Controllers in their bases/outposts when they build them. This will give the opportunity also for players or server admins to build a Community Moon/Mars/Asteroid/OtherPlanet base, where it will for example be supplied with means to get to their outposts (rail systems or some teleportation set by server admin).

Of course the spawn point will need to be protected from rocket explosions destroying blocks, which could be achieved either by server admins and protection mods/plugins or vanilla kind spawn protection (only OPs will be able to build thhere the Comunity Base/Outpost)

Of course this should have configs:
Force Incomming Rockets to Spawn point of Dimension - True/False
GC Dimension Spawn Protection - Disabled/OPs only

I am also aware if players rockets will explode, they will be indeed stuck in there. Maybe also add a config to disable the Rocket exploding. Honestly I think exploding Rockets are unnecessary, since if I will travel on Mars/Asteroids I dont need to worry about that.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch