⚠ Important Status of the Mod: When will a new feature or the next update be released?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ezer'Arch, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Proxy_PlayerHD

First: noone knows, don't even know if this Mod is still alive...
    Second:
    what's GK? you mean Galaticraft? cuz that's GC : P
    eitherway, be patient... maybe they just forgot about this mostly dead Forum and will give us some info about Future releases... 1.9 maybe...

2. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

3. FlynnRocks1556

I'd really like 2 know this, because I'm impaitent.

4. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

5. BigBishounen

BigBishounen Member

True, but all the pinned topic says (in essence) is "We're working on it. Here's how you can help." So... yeah.

How about a link to an approved 1.8/1.9 test version? Let people play it and provide feedback on a separate board. Might be a way us non-programmers can help the devs (by reporting bugs and problems) AND will satisfy the bleeding edge "gotta have it now" types.

Just a thought.

Proxy_PlayerHD likes this.
  6. Proxy_PlayerHD

i would like to kinda β-Test the Mod for 1.8/1.9! a Simple pack for Testing is easy to make. (just WAILA, Inv Tweaks, Journey Map and JEI. and Tinkers maybe... idk Heavy-duty TC tools or somethin'? *shrugs*)

7. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is our problem: We don't have enough devs with enough time to work on the mod. We have just two official devs.

1. Radfast is very busy with his work. He told me he would be back in May, but he hasn't managed to come back yet.

2. Micdoodle is way busier with real life issues. He comes in and out every one or two months on GitHub and codes something. I barely see him using Twitter at all.

This leaves SteveKunG as the only non-official coder who has contributed significantly to the mod (sorry if I missed somebody, but this is what GitHub tells me). All the others are translators, graphic artists and eventual coders. Hence the "Here's how you can help" there. We can't count only on mic and radfast to do all the things forever. Sure they have done a marvelous job, specially Radfast, his willpower made my jaw drop dozens of times. I've never seen a programmer who not only coded that well but also wrote a lot on the wiki and answered steadfastly posts and bug reports. He has my respects.

Sorry for not having a good answer, but I simply can't emphasis this enough: we can't expect our official devs to do everything forever, we have other issues to be taken care of...... and the mod is not going away, by the way.

If you or anybody else knows Java, or is learning it, and feel like contributing, please do, you are most welcome. I don't want to mean people should contribute out of necessity (I mean, for the lack of devs for the time being) but because it may be worth doing or enjoyable.

There is not many options besides waiting for both to come back: volunteers can pick up something code-wise (bug fixing is a good start) and push-request it on GitHub. I'll make sure to slap mic's and radfast's heads to review the submissions.

"Can I test GC 1.8?" Yes! You can download the source code and compile it yourself, no guarantee it will work.

"And what about 1.9?" There is nothing. Sorry.

As to me, I barely have time. I started to learn Minecraft modding in late 2015 exactly to be able to help modding, but I couldn't do much further, since my era plenty of free time is long gone. I get home from work very late, I write 1 or 2 posts here or somewhere, boom! It's f******ing 2AM, and what I planned is postponed for the next day. My resource pack release has been postponed for 2 months at least.

EDIT: By the way, micdoodle was on GitHub these days: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/commits/MC1.8

EDIT2: We have addons worth trying: https://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?forums/addons.11/

#27 Ezer'Arch, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  8. Proxy_PlayerHD

(sry when Off-Topic)
    but i just want to know.
    Oxygen production is:
    [​IMG]

Usage is:
    [​IMG]

so how can this not have a Constant Input? like the usage/prodction is fluctuating or something...
    [​IMG]

p.s.:
    doesn't work for some reason :/

9. S_Hacker

S_Hacker Member

It seems to be increasing over time...

10. Proxy_PlayerHD

i know, but it somes goes a bit down again...
    with 308 O2/sec coming in, and 160 O2/sec being used.
    so the Math says that the Stored O2 should Constantly Increase by 148 O2/sec.
    but it doesn't...

11. S_Hacker

S_Hacker Member

I am not sure why the increase isn't stable and linear, but I do not see how it is a problem so long as the rate is eventually increasing over time despite some fluctuation.

12. Proxy_PlayerHD

i never said that is was a Problem, it's just Confusing and i was Curious. xD

13. BCQX

BCQX Member

Hi, I've been using this mode once it was out, in it's early days it had quite frequent updates but now, there hasn't been an update the past 6 months! The last thing I heard of an update was radfast aksing to test a new galacticraft gamemode. Why aren't there any updates, what happend to this mod? Could someone please explain this.

14. S_Hacker

S_Hacker Member

They might be transferring energy at different time intervals, but i'm not really sure either as to why this is.

15. S_Hacker

S_Hacker Member

16. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks @S_Hacker.

(topic locked and set to be merged)

S_Hacker likes this.
  17. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

18. S_Hacker

S_Hacker Member

19. Btechnician

Btechnician Member

I am fairly new here but I'm a huge fan of Galacticraft will glad to craft be making the push to 1.10

20. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Updated the 1st post.