Steel items missing?

plumprumps

Oct 12, 2013
I'm using the Basic Components downloaded automatically with the Galacticraft mod itself. I'm using the latest Galacticraft available on the site for Minecraft Version 1.6.2.

I cannot craft Steel Dust with the four coal and one iron ingot recipe. The Steel Dust and Steel Ingot items are missing from the creative inventory entirely, and only Compressed Steel Plates and the Steel Pipe items are available. Buildcraft recipes are set to 'true' in the core config file, but I noticed that Mekanism is included in the mod and there has been some mention that Mekanism conflicts with Basic Component's steel items? Can't get anywhere without steel, any help would be great.

plumprumps

Oct 12, 2013
Problem solved. I reverted back to the stable build for 1.6.2, which is 708 I suppose? Steel items are working just fine again. Internal mods included in the recent Galacticraft updates have conflicts with each other.

kaze10

Oct 14, 2013
I've downloaded GC2 and I am missing most of the items such as steel dust. I have both buildcraft 3 and galacticraft 2 via forge.

Is this a common bug going around?

a7777777122

Oct 14, 2013
I'm not sure if its a common bug or not but I have the same problem with GC 2. GC 1 works fine though.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Looks like you don't make steel ingots anymore.
You make Compressed steel from compressed iron and coal.
GC2 is a major change.