Feb 27, 2016
OK so Im new to the forms but im a major galacticraft fan, but i think that there are some things that galacticraft seriously needs
1: more infinite items such as infinite fuel cells, infinite methane cells, infinite oil cells, ect...
2: higher tier rockets/buggies that use less fuel and go faster/ can go to farther planets
3: custom block creator, this one is a long shot, but it would be a simple gui that allows people to create blocks/items
4: custom galaxy/planet/moon creator, this is like #3 but instead of blocks you can creae galaxies and planets and moons and solar systems and set a certain tier of rocket
5: gravity controller for planets and space stations
6: higher tier devices such as but not limited too: tier 3 solar panels, energy storage bunch, and hi-range telepad
welp thats about it tell me your sugestions and il update the post

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
OK so Im new to the forms but im a major galacticraft fan, but i think that there are some things that galacticraft seriously needs
oh, Hi.
I'm Proxy, i rip Threads apart! :D
but ok, let's see what you got here.

1: more infinite items such as infinite fuel cells, infinite methane cells, infinite oil cells, ect...
infinite fluids are easy, just use a Creative tank from TE.

2: higher tier rockets/buggies that use less fuel and go faster/ can go to farther planets
Addons. ever heard of them?
theres a GC Addon called "More Planets" which adds a good amount of Planets and Rocket/Equipment Tiers.

3: custom block creator, this one is a long shot, but it would be a simple gui that allows people to create blocks/items
that's basically modding... just get the MCP and make the stuff you want.

4: custom galaxy/planet/moon creator, this is like #3 but instead of blocks you can creae galaxies and planets and moons and solar systems and set a certain tier of rocket
Addons, again. if you can Program one, you can change/add/remove what you want. even Star Systems.

sounds actually very useful, but that would kinda Destroy the feeling of Space... i guess.

6: higher tier devices such as but not limited too: tier 3 solar panels, energy storage bunch, and hi-range telepad
just any other mod... like Draconic Evolution, Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, Mekanism, etc.

ok, first of all. why do most people only think in a one-moddish way?
for example, you asked for a Infinite Fluid or Item source IN Galacticcraft, even tho Thermal Expansion already has that.
not EVERYTHING needs to be in one single mod.
the fun of Modded Minecraft comes from the Combination of Mods.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
hi-range telepad
A launch-controlled rocket can fly from anywhere to anywhere else - you can travel 10000000 blocks if you want. (OK you need to go the destination first to put the Launch Controller there ... )

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
why do most people only think in a one-moddish way?
  • Adding more mods means you have to make sure they're compatible
  • Adding more mods means you have to test if they interact OK
  • Adding more mods means your modpack size is larger
  • Adding more mods means you could suffer in performance
  • There could be some features from a mod you don't want, and there isn't a way to turn a feature off.
theres a GC Addon called "More Planets"
There's actually more: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?forums/addons.11/

OpenComputers lets you do this via the 3D Printer, customizing everything in a 16x16 divided block.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch
Apr 5, 2014
Germany
  • Adding more mods means you have to make sure they're compatible
  • Adding more mods means you have to test if they interact OK
  • Adding more mods means your modpack size is larger
  • Adding more mods means you could suffer in performance
  • There could be some features from a mod you don't want, and there isn't a way to turn a feature off.
  • I rarely seen Incompatible mods (mostly just wrong versions)
  • never tested that, they just work
  • what's wrong with a larger modpack?
  • Optifine and fastcraft (i only need it at the 200 mods mark)
  • can't really think of anything... except IC², as i need it for the Molecular Transformer. but hey, i can use MineTweakers for that :p

i know that there are more... (look at the sentence, i said "Addons. Ever heard of Them?" Plural and stuff)
more Planets was just an Example.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I rarely seen Incompatible mods
I'm a person who likes to try to get around limitations, so when mods get added I enjoy exploring all aspects of them. Ironically some conflicts are strange, like NotEnoughKeys and TCon even.
never tested that, they just work
You've either been lucky or haven't run into any problems yet. I've had to ban items before because simply placing them in the world would require MCEditing them back out for the server to start.
what's wrong with a larger modpack?
More RAM? More complexity? Two mods that do the same exact thing? Most of the reasons I don't download someone else's modpack to play with. Also if you self-serve everything you generally want to keep things small.
Optifine and fastcraft
My server refuses to load fastcraft due to it messing with things (outputs to console that it completely skipped the mod.) Also I don't see any improvement with fastcraft client side when OptiFine is included as well, so I've left it out completely.

As for my last point, the mods you specified already overlap quite a lot with what I already have installed. I'm not against having two different ways to do something, but when two mods effectively do the same thing (Ic2, Mek, TE, EnderIO, etc) then I don't see the purpose of adding in the same thing twice.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
when two mods effectively do the same thing (Ic2, Mek, TE, EnderIO, etc) then I don't see the purpose of adding in the same thing twice.

- Thermal Expansion seems like a Must for Tech-Packs.
- Ender IO's Traveling Anchors, Telepads, Capacitor banks and Alloy Smelters are very Awesome (Internal Fast Base Travel, Cool Teleport to my Space Station, Multiblock Energy Storage and fast Ender-IO/TE Alloy Production)
- Mekanism got Factories, the Atomic Disassembler, the early-game Jetpack and x5 Ore Processing (only good with AOBD)

don't see how they are the same xD
(except for IC² ... it's still useless)
sure some mods do things better than other, but they all have there pro's and contra's.

now i need a way to edit the Register... to just not load stuff when it's not wanted.
little off-topic, but i started to love IE. especially the Excavator, needs ~300 Steel ingots to make and only 4k RF/t to run. and tons of ore out of nothing, man... need to test that thing with Gregtech! xD

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
1. Great for creative

2. Theres addons, 4Space, GalaxySpace, Extra Planets, More Planets, and probably more

3. Maybe for a dev pack for those who cant code (me)

4. ^

5. Meh, I guess

6. Yes.