Survive on moon day/night

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Hey, i just tested out some things on the moon and got some questions:
How i know when it's the best time to the moon? Does it make any difference when i go?
Is there a way to survice at night, or should i better fly back when it's night?
If i fly back at night (moon) and sleep on earth, then fly back to the moon, then it's still nighttime on the moon, so how to survive?
Because the moonday is very long and i guees night is very long too, so how do produce / save enough energy, to survive a night? (oxygen) (batteries don't work at the moment, already reported as bug)

I already tried to use the bed at night, but it seems like i wake up in the evening, so there is still no sun to produce energy. (if you want to try /time set 110000 )

I think it's a great idea to make the day be a lot longer on the moon, but i currently see no way to survive at night or "skip" the night, can you help me?

currently using version: Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.38.548

tihmstar :)

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Hey, i just tested out some things on the moon and got some questions:
How i know when it's the best time to the moon? Does it make any difference when i go?
Is there a way to survice at night, or should i better fly back when it's night?
If i fly back at night (moon) and sleep on earth, then fly back to the moon, then it's still nighttime on the moon, so how to survive?
Because the moonday is very long and i guees night is very long too, so how do produce / save enough energy, to survive a night? (oxygen) (batteries don't work at the moment, already reported as bug)

I already tried to use the bed at night, but it seems like i wake up in the evening, so there is still no sun to produce energy. (if you want to try /time set 110000 )

I think it's a great idea to make the day be a lot longer on the moon, but i currently see no way to survive at night or "skip" the night, can you help me?

currently using version: Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.38.548

tihmstar :)

you could have battery's stored somewhere right?
and yes its better to save the oxygen, also if you have a moon base i would stay in there.
by myself i always go outside to kill monsters and that stuff.

EDIT: Just found on internet how long 1 night takes.
1 moon night = 4 h 40 minutes,

Hope this helped u

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
you could have battery's stored somewhere right?

if you had read my first post, then you would know, that battery's don't work at the moment.
if they would work, how many battery boxes, i would need to have engough energy for 5 hours?
i don't think it's realistic, at least not at the beginning, maybe if i play severeal weeks with several people, maybe i would have then enough materials to build so many battery boxes and battery's.

and yes its better to save the oxygen
what do you mean with "save oxygen"?
how i can save oxygen? do you mean save them into canister?
also, is there a way to put oxygen into canister/storage and use them later to seal a room?

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
if you had read my first post, then you would know, that battery's don't work at the moment.
if they would work, how many battery boxes, i would need to have engough energy for 5 hours?
i don't think it's realistic, at least not at the beginning, maybe if i play severeal weeks with several people, maybe i would have then enough materials to build so many battery boxes and battery's.

what do you mean with "save oxygen"?
how i can save oxygen? do you mean save them into canister?
also, is there a way to put oxygen into canister/storage and use them later to seal a room?

maybe ask micdoodle or someone other for further information?

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
There is a coal generator as well, although it does take quite a bit of coal. Survival on the moon i believe is best achieved with a moon base. You might look into adding a mod for power. Buildcraft is one of the easier ones. IC2 can get a bit extensive.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
There is a coal generator as well, although it does take quite a bit of coal. Survival on the moon i believe is best achieved with a moon base. You might look into adding a mod for power. Buildcraft is one of the easier ones. IC2 can get a bit extensive.

i always wanted to download buildcraft for regular forge mod loader but i always get the same error,
will send a full forge log later on bug reportings.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
maybe ask micdoodle or someone other for further information?
lol, im posting my question in a forum, to ask a lot of people at once, therefor a forum exist.

It would be great, if the coal generator would with blocks of coal, but i think there should be another way to gain power.
Also, i know i need a moon base to survive on the moon, but the base still needs power and oxygen.
By the way, can you find coal on the moon?

So i think it's a big problem, becuase there is no real way to survive on the moon at night without other mods.
I think it's a bit sad, becuase i don't really want to have other mods. It is great, that galacticraft supports a lot of mod, but it should also work without them.

So if you don't have some stacks of batteryboxes (micdoodle said he fixed batteries), you can't live on the moon. Sure coalgenerator, but you don't have infinite coal and also i think you can't even find coal on the moon, right?

EDIT:
just tested, that you can use 2 Batteryboxes to power 1 oxygencollector and 1 oxygendistributor a little bit more then 20 minutes.
So you would need about 30 battery boxes, to power 1 oxygencollector and 1 oxygendistributor a whole moon night.

I think a bigger batterybox should be added, for example:
Advanced batterybox,
Crafting = 6x battery box
Storage= 50MJ

(a single batterybox has a storage of 5MJ)
What do you think?

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
lol, im posting my question in a forum, to ask a lot of people at once, therefor a forum exist.

It would be great, if the coal generator would with blocks of coal, but i think there should be another way to gain power.
Also, i know i need a moon base to survive on the moon, but the base still needs power and oxygen.
By the way, can you find coal on the moon?

So i think it's a big problem, becuase there is no real way to survive on the moon at night without other mods.
I think it's a bit sad, becuase i don't really want to have other mods. It is great, that galacticraft supports a lot of mod, but it should also work without them.

So if you don't have some stacks of batteryboxes (micdoodle said he fixed batteries), you can't live on the moon. Sure coalgenerator, but you don't have infinite coal and also i think you can't even find coal on the moon, right?

it might be better if you get at least 4 stacks of coal before you leave the overworld, no you cant find coal on the moon, you CAN survive on the moon with a power generator using IC2 or a redstone engine using Buildcraft, and just some food and you can survive 5 hours night.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Sure you can install other mods, but without other mods it's not so easy.
I don't want to install more mods, i just want to have the pure galacticraft experience.
Galacticraft has enough items and blocks to have fun without other mods, the only thing that would be great is a better battery, to survive on the mood (WITHOUT OTHER MODS!!!)

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Sure you can install other mods, but without other mods it's not so easy.
I don't want to install more mods, i just want to have the pure galacticraft experience.
Galacticraft has enough items and blocks to have fun without other mods, the only thing that would be great is a better battery, to survive on the mood (WITHOUT OTHER MODS!!!)

yes i know but i was just warning you that it would be very difficult to get power on the moon(and other planets) without the compitable mods.
also(Just saying): IC2 has a battbox storage, so you can storage power.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
well galacticraft has a batterybox, which can store power, but i would be cool if micdoodle8 would add a batterybox with more storage,
because otherwise i would need way to mauch batteryboxes to power just the basic oxygen setup.
I even don't know where i can ask micdoodle to add a better battery box.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
well galacticraft has a batterybox, which can store power, but i would be cool if micdoodle8 would add a batterybox with more storage,
because otherwise i would need way to mauch batteryboxes to power just the basic oxygen setup.
I even don't know where i can ask micdoodle to add a better battery box.

you can go to the suggestion page an create a suggestion about ading better/advanced battery boxes.