terraformer glitch

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Earth, 2021: 2 seconds out of sync
The terraformer doesn't make any oxygen....
Is it supposed to make oxygen or is it to make getting oxygen easier? Because I am kind of hopeing that it makes oxygen.
Or am I supposed to make a giant area of grass trees ect.?
Need help
-daniel

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
It does not produce oxygen, and it's not supposed to.
*scratches head*

If I'm terraforming something, it should look like... Terra?

Let me guess what is it for: the terraformer is rather a gardening device... okay j/k.

I mean... it converts unfertile and hostile martian soil into a cultivable land. Once you have terraformed a good portion of land, remove the terraformers, build an airtight shelter or greenhouse covering the terraformed soil, install oxygen distributors and fill the place with O2, then you can plant crops and release animals inside the shelter... Am I right? I have barely tested all the new features.

Additionally, what if I remove the terraformer, will the soil degrade and revert to martian soil? Immediately or later on if exposed for long periods without oxygen to stabilize the soil?

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
*scratches head*

If I'm terraforming something, it should look like... Terra?

Let me guess what is it for: the terraformer is rather a gardening device... okay j/k.

I mean... it converts unfertile and hostile martian soil into a cultivable land. Once you have terraformed a good portion of land, remove the terraformers, build an airtight shelter or greenhouse covering the terraformed soil, install oxygen distributors and fill the place with O2, then you can plant crops and release animals inside the shelter... Am I right? I have barely tested all the new features.

Additionally, what if I remove the terraformer, will the soil degrade and revert to martian soil? Immediately or later on if exposed for long periods without oxygen to stabilize the soil?

i think the terraformer is made to make making oxygen farms really easy instead of doing it by yourself.

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
i think the terraformer is made to make making oxygen farms really easy instead of doing it by yourself.
It does not produce oxygen, and it's not supposed to.

Then it's not Terraformer. Terraformer job is to make environment friendly for Earth beings, like Humans, Mammals, etc. But how these beings can survive without oxygen?
Either re-name this block to Grass-planter, and make upgraded, REAL version of Terraformer, or make it able to produce oxygen from ALL plants (grass too) contained in bubble.

P.S.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Then it's not Terraformer. Terraformer job is to make environment friendly for Earth beings, like Humans, Mammals, etc. But how these beings can survive without oxygen?
Either re-name this block to Grass-planter, and make upgraded, REAL version of Terraformer, or make it able to produce oxygen from ALL plants (grass too) contained in bubble.

P.S.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

No, the terraformer in my mod plants vegetation that you can then produce oxygen with.

What would be the use of an oxygen collector, distributor, etc after the terraformer does everything?

Correct

No, that's the way I had designed it at first, but I reverted it back... the soil never degrades as of right now.

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
No, the terraformer in my mod plants vegetation that you can then produce oxygen with.

What would be the use of an oxygen collector, distributor, etc after the terraformer does everything?

Why dont make something like better version of terraformer? like Terraformer v2, or just make actual terraformer way more expensive to create. Like adding "Essence of earth" to crafting recipe. This essence would be created in block named "Essence extractor". Essence of earth would require 1 of each essence. Each possible to obtain (without silk touch) block/item would have it's own essence. To get essence, players would have to get that block/item, then place it in Essence Extractor. There would be 33% chance for players to get essence from that block/item. After this, they would have to place all essences into "Essence Compressor" to create Essence of Earth.

matt coulson

Sep 9, 2013
England
i think terraforming ace ive put mobs on moon i dont need oxygen as ive disabled that i get damage just look in config to do great mod apart from slimelings but o well /// sorry for shit grammar im on my phone