Terraforming

DeeOhh

Aug 9, 2013
I think it'd be pretty cool if it was possible to terraform the moon and the other planets that are added in the future that don't have an atmosphere, either a machine that does it over time that takes an insane amount of power and oxygen before it will begin the function then takes something like 4 ingame days to complete or if you plant enough tree's/leaves all around the planet/moon to eventually hit the tipping point for it to sustain it's own atmosphere from the air produced by the trees kinda like a natural way of creating the air bubbles it could be aided by bringing silk touched grass blocks and other plants from the overworld too

jasonB221

Jul 27, 2013
Lost in Space
That wouldn't work on the moon b/c the moon doesn't have the gravitational force to hold the gaseous oxygen molecules in an atmosphere and prevent them from flying away. On other planets/moons with more gravity it might be possible, but then there is an entire atmosphere already that would need to be removed to make one similar to earths. If you didn't care about it being realistic, then sure, it's a good idea. However, the math just doesn't support the suggestion.

DeeOhh

Aug 9, 2013
I'm not talking about transformative terraforming where it alters the atmosphere that's there already I mean creating an atmosphere where there wasn't one at all like the moon doesn't have an atmosphere it's just a vacuum which yes granted the moon doesn't have the gravity field needed to maintain an atmosphere but it's just spitballing really, then the comment on having a dozen overworlds I don't think so if it's going to be like I think it is from what I've seen in video's made by people who've managed to get the versions with the extra planets in already they're each going to have their own unique aspects so all this would do would be to make it possible to walk around exploring without worrying about going back to refill oxygen tanks or take spares along clogging up inventory space.

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
I don't know if you guys know or not, but mars from the github has a "work in progress block" called the terraformer. Im guessing you will be able to terraform mars with it. Which is good news

DeeOhh

Aug 9, 2013
yea just like a massive scale bubble generator, and I didn't know there was something like that already in the works I hope it goes to full version

Aug 16, 2013
The End
The moon wouldn't work, but a planet like venus could technically be terraformed(minus the heat) to have an oxygen atmosphere. However, you would ideally need to genetically engineer plants to live on venus and slowly produce oxygen. Mars is the best option, but it would have to have a very large number of plants to create an atmosphere quickly enough.