The basic Idea and the Satellite and anti-satellite missile(ICBM API)

wowo789aa

Oct 4, 2013
  • Satellite :cool:is a very good way to get the information of a planet before you get there.
you can get information of planet like: Heat,Day/Night time,Air ingredient(Some planet may have toxic gas)
or any kind of inormation...you may send it to the planet you want by special tire rocket,from earth to space station.
  • Space debris:( is the worst thing you can ever meet in space.
Some time you may lost some stuff in space,they will become Space debris,they may stay at where they are,
or become a bullet and destory your space station.
Idea From ICBM,you may launch a kind of anti-satellite missile to space,they will target player's space station or their satellite and destory it.

• Radio town,Track your satellite or space station,or even find else player's space station.
Like the one in the ICBM,but more powerful,it don't track the mob,only tracking the thing flying on sky.
  • Also...The defferent Day time at defferent planet
There is 24 hours on earth of a day,but not for every planet in solar.:rolleyes:
add 10/13:
  • Information block
I guess most of you used the IC2's addon Nuclear control,if NO,then there is how it work
This block will get the information inside the room,if you are in a full cover place,it will show the text of information on the screen(as a side of block texture),if you got 30% oxygen in this room then it show 30% O,and it will also show heat,time,anything useful.

• Other solar system??? Get better engine first!
Well,it take very long to get other solar system for now,so in minecraft,we need a very special tech named Warp core from Star Trak,you will only able to launch it in space,
this idea is about we need some other way to get power,easy to say...
STOP BURN STUFFS,Now the newest rocket will be tire 3,Not sure what will it be but,
I wish we can stop brun stuff to get speed power at least tire 5 rocket,no need to be Warp core,just something else.
My ideas will not only for Galacticraft it self,sometime it will up to mods API,by the way add a Idea
  • Buildcraft engine can get more engery on space.
Why? Because on earth,the BC engine work as a piston,the gravity will make it push harder to gen power,
But if we are in a zero or lower Gravity place,we may need less power to push piston to gen MJ,that mean a Buildcraft engine may be able to gen more power in one minute than on earth.
but if we are in heavyer gravity place,then...you know!:D

Last edited:

wowo789aa

Oct 4, 2013
My ideas will not only for Galacticraft it self,sometime it will up to mods API,by the way add a Idea
  • Buildcraft engine can get more engery on space.
Why? Because on earth,the BC engine work as a piston,the gravity will make it push harder to gen power,
But if we are in a zero or lower Gravity place,we may need less power to push piston to gen MJ,that mean a Buildcraft engine may be able to gen more power in one minute than on earth.
but if we are in heavyer gravity place,then...you know!:D

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
  • Satellite :cool:is a very good way to get the information of a planet before you get there.
you can get information of planet like: Heat,Day/Night time,Air ingredient(Some planet may have toxic gas)
or any kind of inormation...you may send it to the planet you want by special tire rocket,from earth to space station.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon

Agreed. I don't want to go to a planet to discover it's nighttime and full of mobs.

anti-satellite multistage missile:eek: is a good way to destory people's space station or satellite!
Idea From ICBM,you may launch a kind of anti-satellite missile to space,they will target player's space station or their satellite and destory it.

I don't really support this.

Say, you just spent lots of time building your space station, and once you are about to finish it, some user uses said missile and all your work is went to waste.

wowo789aa

Oct 4, 2013
Agreed. I don't want to go to a planet to discover it's nighttime and full of mobs.

I don't really support this.

Say, you just spent lots of time building your space station, and once you are about to finish it, some user uses said missile and all your work is went to waste.
ohhh don't worry,not only the people on ground will be able to attack,you may add a self system to destory up coming missile,or even use space lazer to attack they before they even attack you.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
ohhh don't worry,not only the people on ground will be able to attack,you may add a self system to destory up coming missile,or even use space lazer to attack they before they even attack you.

But what if the space station creator doesn't has enough time to add in the self-defense system? And if this idea is implemented, I hope there will be an option to disable it in non-PvP servers(implying there are any left), because griefers.

wowo789aa

Oct 4, 2013
It up to server owner think,he want it to be war server then there will be,if he don't want he may be able to banned player creat the item about "destorying",also,the galacticraft is about adventure,not war,but it will be nice if work with ICBM.

Also this idea will not come ture,because it a World to World attack,you can't attack player from nether to overworld...but if the modder is a super genius that chang a little java about minecraft then it will become ture and awesome....he is the genius right now.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2013

Wiki?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013

Wiki?

What if someone has lost their internet connection/too lazy to do it? Also, the wiki can't say whether the planet is currently daytime or nighttime in the player's game, silly :p

wowo789aa

Oct 4, 2013
The player will be lost connect to there Satellite,if you don't repair it or get it back,it will become Space debris:( ...it a self destory active.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
There's an issue with ICBM where they get lost if you try to launch them into space or out of space to earth. I've even tried launching them through an intra-linking Mystcraft portal to somewhere else on the overworld and they get completely lost. They'll just go on forever because they don't know where the target is anymore.

I posted on the ICBM forums to see if they could fix this, but haven't gotten an official response.

Llurendt

Dec 7, 2013
I've been searching around to find out if there is any way to set it up so that space stations are not private and cannot, therefore, I at least support your idea for blowing them up from afar. I see no reason why you can't be flying around in space and pick up player stations on radar.

Obviously, if they implement these features, they will have the ability to disable them for all those non-pvp servers, especially since they made space stations private in the first place. Space stations being private is the primary reason I'm not playing tekkit right now, as I enjoy being able to raid people who don't protect themselves, and being raided in turn... it adds more complexity and fun to the game.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I've been searching around to find out if there is any way to set it up so that space stations are not private and cannot, therefore, I at least support your idea for blowing them up from afar. I see no reason why you can't be flying around in space and pick up player stations on radar.

Obviously, if they implement these features, they will have the ability to disable them for all those non-pvp servers, especially since they made space stations private in the first place. Space stations being private is the primary reason I'm not playing tekkit right now, as I enjoy being able to raid people who don't protect themselves, and being raided in turn... it adds more complexity and fun to the game.

The way I understand it they can be "public" but you have to be invited by the creator of that station. I've never messed with that though since I have no friends who use Galacticraft :( What a shame.

Llurendt

Dec 7, 2013
The way I understand it they can be "public" but you have to be invited by the creator of that station. I've never messed with that though since I have no friends who use Galacticraft :( What a shame.
Yeah... my problem is that I want ALL stations to be public by default, or to not exist, because I enjoy full raiding servers. I love the idea of galacticraft, but I cannot host or play on a server as is with the stations the way they are. :D

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Yeah... my problem is that I want ALL stations to be public by default, or to not exist, because I enjoy full raiding servers. I love the idea of galacticraft, but I cannot host or play on a server as is with the stations the way they are. :D

Oh gotcha. I'm not the biggest fan of PvP because I'm too picky about my stuff being just the way I like it...and in tact. I would probably be hiding away in a corner crying in the fetal position telling everyone to just leave me alone. Well maybe not quite THAT bad