The known Capitol letters in names space station issue

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Here is a repost from the bugs area where I posted a reply to someone else's thread that dealt with exactly what issue I ran into:
OH MAN.

I found it. Anyone with an uppercase letter in their name wasn't matching with the queried name. Mine's micdoodle8 so it didn't happen to me.

Hardcore derpage.

Update this on the list of known bugs please Mega
Hey there.. I'm having this problem too (where I built a space station, but cannot access/go to it). I was wondering if this bug has been fixed in the current release. I'm new to the project/mod so not really sure what release this bug was posted with, heh..
This is from the post here:http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/cant-go-to-moon-space-stations-dont-build.870/

My follow-up, separate/new question is this..

I'd like to try to edit whatever file stores the names to remove the capitol letters and see if that works. I searched the config folder for the mod, but neither file turned up any results to my searching my name. Wondering what file contains this?

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Minecraft version = 1.6.2
Galacticraft version = Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.39.566
micdoodleCore version = MicdoodleCore-1.6.2-a0.1.39.566
Forge version = minecraftforge-universal-1.6.2-9.10.0.842

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Did you tried to rename space station?
Also - Is you'r Minecraft original? Did you bought Minecraft? If not, you canchange you'r nickname.
Do these 2 things, and say if it worked.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
How do I rename the space station?
Yeah, own MC. Plan/hope is that I can simply edit a file for GC (to either add, or remove the capitol letters that are in my name) so that it will work.. Guessing/assuming since I encountered this error that the Original poster did in the bugs area that the issue is either still unresolved (not fixed) or unresolved because the OP is running the same version.

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Select you'r space station in GUI, then find big dark bar at the bottom. Type something there, and press "Rename"

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
The GUI doesn't show the space station. I see the sun in the center, I see the Earth, and the moon which constantly revolves around the Earth, that's it. When on the main 'GC" screen after launching, it still says space station already created. :( I also tried using the /ssinvite <myname> as I read someone else suggest elsewhere :(

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
you can't see space station on universe map. Can you see space station after launching rocket, and reaching space?

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Well, then i cant help you further. I only can tell you to download Minecraft SP, select nick like "exit" and make new world.