Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
I tried to download this a while back, but I went to the wrong websites and just got a virus. So I'm wondering; when would the best time be to download this? If my computer dies, will I need to download it again and if I didn't would it crash? Would it be safe to have it on an existing world? (if not that would suck) And do I need to get stuff like Buildcraft? It would be great if I could have some help.:)

Andre

Mar 3, 2013
Well, UE generates Tin and Copper, but if you have other mod that generates tin and copper, then you are good to go

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
UE is Universal electricity. It's the base for the Voltz pack.
I don't know what the Volts pack is, but I also don't know if it's safe on an existing world or any of the other problems I have right now. But thanks!:)

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
If you have a Vanilla world now, and just add Forge and Galacticraft to it, then yes you are safe. You will need to explore new areas of the map though to let the new ores and liquids generate.
If you do have some other mods installed already though, you should check if there aren't any incompabilities, but most likely the game will crash before you're even able to enter the world, which makes your world safe.

Even though, always keep a backup before you start installing mods.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
If you have a Vanilla world now, and just add Forge and Galacticraft to it, then yes you are safe. You will need to explore new areas of the map though to let the new ores and liquids generate.
If you do have some other mods installed already though, you should check if there aren't any incompabilities, but most likely the game will crash before you're even able to enter the world, which makes your world safe.

Thanks man! That helps a LOT!:)

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013

How would a crash be safe? And no, I do net have other mods. AND, what would you suggest I save it on? A flash drive or a plain backup?

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Well it probably crashes before you are even able to enter the world. This means it cannot change anything in your world (because it is not loaded yet), and thus it's safe.
And a backup in the same folder is good enough, you just need to have the file so if your world breaks, you can easily restore it. Although I suggest you just save it in your Documents or something like that.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Well it probably crashes before you are even able to enter the world. This means it cannot change anything in your world (because it is not loaded yet), and thus it's safe.
And a backup in the same folder is good enough, you just need to have the file so if your world breaks, you can easily restore it. Although I suggest you just save it in your Documents or something like that.
Oh, okay! Now all I need to do is figure out how to back it up and I'm good to download the mod! You and Andre have helped so much! Thanks! :D

Andre

Mar 3, 2013
Oh, okay! Now all I need to do is figure out how to back it up and I'm good to download the mod! You and Andre have helped so much! Thanks! :D
well, about memory thing you can set it so that you limit how much autosave it will keep, by the way just type F6 and the menu will pop out