The value in galacticraft ( for me )

Aug 26, 2013
Yeah. Now I am going to write down what is the good in this mod, and what could be improved in it in the path of these.
Introduction
Most of you mentioned Kerbal Space Program. And that my ideas are copies from there. And they are not! I looked for what is that and now I can make my criticism. The game works nearly the same as my suggestion, maybe because THIS IS THE LOGICAL. Because clever people witouth the knowledge of themselfs can do the same thing if that's the best/most obvious. Remember the story of RADAR or the greek translation of the bible. You mostly didn't liked that in that suggestion, you had to travel a little more, and already idin't liked the same in that Kerbal Space Program. For that, I say that game IS ABAUT travelling there, nothing else ( maybe createing the rocket, but that's nothing )

Preception
In that game, the only reason for going anywhere is pressing a button to 'do research' and plant a flag and over. But still getting there can be a challange. In Galacticraft, it is the opposit, because the travelling is not so hard and you can do much more things abaut right those that you can't do in the ksp.

Listing these
You have a reason for going to planets: Minerals. And also, you have reasons to build space stations and bases ( at other planets ): A place to live, create air, grow food, prepare for mineing, ect. while in the other game you can only put dozens of astronauts there and nothing else. And while there you are limited in today's technology, Galacticraft gives you the ability to go to different systems through alien technology from dungeons.

How to improve
-Have 0 gravity in space stations, but not just flying like in creative mote, just ability to do a non-vertical jump from walls, and ladders of course.

-Have something Task. For example special materials are created in the ISS wich can be only made in 0 gravity. You could sell this to villagers.

-Have better dungeons, with prefabricated machines/devices in it that take you further. Better dungeons like in LoZ. I would like that.

-Exploreing a planet, or searching for a dungeon, village, or a nice place for house, would be better with a rocket-powered vehicle or my aircraft.

-( not the most important but still can be good ) Haveing to look after your rocket while travelling. Nearly same as the first 2 points.

Summarizing: Be able to live like an astronaut in GC

Congratulations if you had patiance to read this!

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Most of you mentioned Kerbal Space Program. And that my ideas are copies from there. And they are not! I looked for what is that and now I can make my criticism. The game works nearly the same as my suggestion, maybe because THIS IS THE LOGICAL.

Kerbal Space Program is meant to be a simulation. Galacticraft is not. If you want a game that plays like KSP, then GO PLAY KSP. THAT is the logical solution.

Galacticraft is not nor should it ever become Kerbal Space Program or anything like it. It's like comparing Microsoft Flight Simulator to the flying in Grand Theft Auto 5.

To be honest, I didn't see the point in reading any further than what I quoted.

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I read it all, you are welcome.

You already got moon buggies, you complaining about moving around to look for stuff? That is Minecraft, vanilla or modded. It's better like how it is with dungeons for the most part. Also, your definition of KSP is dreadful and KSP has some similarities to GC, mostly in these ideas nowadays. Including this one. I brought a solar powered plane to the Mun. But that is off-topic, along with how much I hate how the creators of KSP made their moon Mun.

EDIT :
What do you mean "Be able to live like an astronaut in GC?"

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Or perhaps he does not want to play KSP? Maybe he (and I) want to play galacticraft, with fun travelling? Galacticraft doesn't really HAVE to be about the destination, does it?

Unfortunately, such a fantastic feature in galacticraft is impossible. :(

THAT IS NOT WHAT GALACTICRAFT IS ABOUT. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT KSP IS ABOUT. I don't understand what you're obsession with making suggestions that turn something completely into something else.

Why don't you go to the Call of Duty forums and suggest they allow people to use pickaxes to collect blocks that they can use to build still with.

Aug 26, 2013
Or perhaps he does not want to play KSP? Maybe he (and I) want to play galacticraft, with fun travelling? Galacticraft doesn't really HAVE to be about the destination, does it?

Unfortunately, such a fantastic feature in galacticraft is impossible. :(
I travell to mün in ksp, than switch to gc and live my life in the gc moon. The essence of this suggestion is to improve this plugin in the way of haveing better activity on planets and stations. In the ksp, you can only controll (and build ) your stations and ships, and bases, and can't use them as a resident, and that is what could be improved more intensivly in gc. (To live in them )

Aug 26, 2013
THAT IS NOT WHAT GALACTICRAFT IS ABOUT. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT KSP IS ABOUT. I don't understand what you're obsession with making suggestions that turn something completely into something else.

Why don't you go to the Call of Duty forums and suggest they allow people to use pickaxes to collect blocks that they can use to build still with.
Yes. I say that the activity done on planets should be improved. And think about: fighting monsters in a dungeon full of adventures or watching the life of a planet from your safe base while working isn't the style of ksp. Ksp's style are the realistic spaceships with realistic controll. Gc is about liveing on a planet with many adventures and fun. So have the dungeons improved with 'furnishings, of your base or station.

Aug 26, 2013
Kerbal Space Program is meant to be a simulation. Galacticraft is not. If you want a game that plays like KSP, then GO PLAY KSP. THAT is the logical solution.

Galacticraft is not nor should it ever become Kerbal Space Program or anything like it. It's like comparing Microsoft Flight Simulator to the flying in Grand Theft Auto 5.

To be honest, I didn't see the point in reading any further than what I quoted.
So you don't understand me: I do not want gc to be ksp, I want gc to be a game about liveing on the planet.

Aug 26, 2013
Exactly my thought. Suggest KSP is the logical way, then compares GC to KSP, and then says he's idea isn't to turn GC into KSP.

Anyways, I'm all for having more things to do on the planets of GC, but I realize the mod is still in early alpha and I'm a patient person.
As I red this I noticed that I made the mistake of not giveing a sign about that I GAVE UP makeing gc ksp. I have just listed the things that would MAKE GC NOT GO INTO KSP. And the logical was makeing gc go ksp until I looked after that. So now, knowing ksp I changed my thinking, and that' s what I wanted to explain here.

Off topic: You suggested me many times to 'go play ksp' so I went to go play ksp, so now I understand more things abaut your thinking and changed my thinking too. And I also like that so thank you for that ;) !

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2013
A
Exactly my thought. Suggest KSP is the logical way, then compares GC to KSP, and then says he's idea isn't to turn GC into KSP.

Anyways, I'm all for having more things to do on the planets of GC, but I realize the mod is still in early alpha and I'm a patient person.
Also how you mean 'working on planets'? If you take part in the codeing or something like that I can help with with the textures by my nice pixel-arts ( I mean mc textures ).

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
As I red this I noticed that I made the mistake of not giveing a sign about that I GAVE UP makeing gc ksp. I have just listed the things that would MAKE GC NOT GO INTO KSP. And the logical was makeing gc go ksp until I looked after that. So now, knowing ksp I changed my thinking, and that' s what I wanted to explain here.

Off topic: You suggested me many times to 'go play ksp' so I went to go play ksp, so now I understand more things abaut your thinking and changed my thinking too. And I also like that so thank you for that ;) !

I gotta be honest, it's nice to see when someone can be respectful and admit they have changed their point of view or that they were wrong or whatever . Just because people don't agree that doesn't mean things need to get hostile, and I think this is a good example. People attack others too much, especially on forums. Respect, homie.

Aug 26, 2013
I'm not working on anything. I just meant the mod is in alpha still. If you've seen earlier spotlights, there's still a lot planned for the mod.
But than do you understand what I want to say with this thread? If no I would read it and a few comments if I were you, and if yes, make your critism!