Thruster pack

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
I would like to be able to move around outside my base without having to place blocks to get up and down. One miss step and your falling to earth below you. I was thinking make thruster packs that either used rocket fuel in short bursts or your oxygen tanks to move you around.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Agree!!! I've been thinking about this. It would have two spots for the oxygen tanks (since you could not wear the oxygen gear at the same time as the thruster pack) and has an on-board tank for fuel. I think the O2 tanks should be visible and should change colors corresponding to which size is currently installed and possibly an external fuel gauge/site glass to see remaining fuel from 3rd person pov. It would not be strong enough to use on the Overworld, but could basically negate the minimal gravity in a space station (making it like a slightly slow-mo flying mode and allows you to hover without pressing the space bar, unless you are actually climbing) until fuel runs out, in which case you had better be over something solid. I would love to see this especially since there aren't any usable vehicles for a space station.

Last edited:

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
yea. I mean I have a tower on my space station with solar panels on top. if I want to go up there I have to use a ladder and that means a section of my station will have to stay unsealed. also repairs or new section building would be greatly helped. right now the space station dose not really have use other than saying "hey look at my giant space station" other than that maybe on a server it helps keep your stuff safe other than that there is not much for it to be used for

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Or a hatch that seals like a trap door, for the ladder. I would like to see an easier way to get around the space station though.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Ya I have the same situation with the ladders, plus in my opinion it makes it look a little ugly. Not that there is really any reason to switch them off, but I can't control or diagnose solar panel issues without ladders right now. I tend to nerd out and really get into the role-playing side of things (even though I'm by myself) and would rather I HAVE to use a pack. I don't necessarily want it to make life on a space station easier, but rather more life-like. Plus it adds a little more risk if you're not paying attention to your resources :) Although that brings up a small detail, there could be warning buzzers when fuel is getting dangerously low.

Not sure how true it is but I heard that the Space Station will be used to "research" planets. What that means I do not know, but I'm kind of guessing you will need to find new ones before you can access them...or something.

vetranofwar

Sep 14, 2013
Im more of a war type person so I have guns and everything all over any space station I build. I working on the ICBM missiles. im just now figuring out how to call in an orbital strike with them. so a jetpack that would let me get outside and work on space defenses would be awesome to have to put ammo and recharge guns. I would love to have someone help me with a new space station. someone good with structures and I can do the defences or the outside work but it would make it easier if we had a thruster pack

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Galacticraft is actually my first and only mod so far as I'm VERY new to them. I want to add so much more stuff and ICBM is one I want most, second only to Atomic Science. My space station map has crashed though and I cannot load it to do anything else. Guess it makes for a good reason to start something new