Tips on oxygen generation or whatever

creeperzcreep

Mar 1, 2013
I kind of wanted to make a moon base, but the only way i have found a way to do so is filling parts of the room with leaves, making it look kind of ugly, just a quick question ; Are there any alternatives to getting air except filling a room with EDIT: I put air instead of leaves here, my bad.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Yes, you can plant trees on dirt so long as it is day and there is a water source within 4 blocks of the sapling. You can also use the Air Locks to trap air in your base once you've introduced air into it. You could also make a tree farm underground and have a piping system connected to your base so that people don't have to see your "ugly leaves".

creeperzcreep

Mar 1, 2013
Yes, you can plant trees on dirt so long as it is day and there is a water source within 4 blocks of the sapling. You can also use the Air Locks to trap air in your base once you've introduced air into it. You could also make a tree farm underground and have a piping system connected to your base so that people don't have to see your "ugly leaves".

I tried using bonemeal on the tree, that didnt work, how am i supposed to get the trees to grow?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I tried using bonemeal on the tree, that didnt work, how am i supposed to get the trees to grow?
I've noticed this before too, you have to let them grow naturally for the most part. Also, I've noticed that bonemeal only works on trees planted in their corresponding biomes (look in F3, if it says B=Jungle use jungle saplings and bonemeal).

creeperzcreep

Mar 1, 2013
Interesting, I hope he (as in micdoodle) codes real moon trees in the mod, so we make a oxygen farm (?) or something like that.

SmokeLuvr

Mar 6, 2013
As of Alpha 0.0.16, you need 4 water source blocks within 4 blocks of the sapling for growth to succeed using bonemeal.