To review : Venus' gravity.

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
My problem is simple : I think Venus' gravity is a bit off.
In real life, the gravity of this planet is 8.87m/s²
In the mod, it is 61% of overworld's, or 5.98m/s² if you count. (9,807*100/61)
And so I think you should be able to only jump like 1.5 blocks on Venus instead of 2 or 3.
Let me know what do you think, if you'd like to change it or not.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
In the mod, it is 61% of overworld's, or 5.98m/s² if you count. (9,807*100/61)
And so I think you should be able to only jump like 1.5 blocks on Venus instead of 2 or 3.
I agree with that. In fact, Venus' gravity was like Mars'.

I commented with @micdoodle8 that Venus' gravity is 0.9~0.8g, but there's an issue: the Spider Queen room is 2 blocks lower than hallway. The player would get stuck unless he uses a pickaxe to open a stair way out. Hence I suggested that gravity should be "enough to jump 2 blocks".

As I said I agree the gravity should be stronger, but we would need to add a stair in the Spider Queen generation. The Moon' and Mars' boss rooms are leveled with the hallway so that the player can leave freely the boos room, I don't think we should break this.

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
Oh, I get it. I saw that the boss room was a bit lowered from everything else, and it's for a fair reason. But maybe it can be coded so that the boss couldn't leave the room ? Maybe changing the AI or something... Anyways, it's not that horrible or noticable. Thanks for taking the time and attention !

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
I commented with @micdoodle8 that Venus' gravity is 0.9~0.8g, but there's an issue: the Spider Queen room is 2 blocks lower than hallway. The player would get stuck unless he uses a pickaxe to open a stair way out. Hence I suggested that gravity should be "enough to jump 2 blocks".

Or maybe the hitbox of the boss could be just more than 2 blocks so that it couldn't go out in the hallways. I mean, this is why the room was lowered right ? Anyways, I trust the devs. They know what to do :). (I will never thank them enough for this brilliant mod ! )

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
But maybe it can be coded so that the boss couldn't leave the room ?
It's the player who should be always able to leave. If the player leaves the room, the boss is deleted. If the player returns, the boss respawns anew. Therefore the boss can't go anywhere.

The player would get stuck unless he uses a pickaxe to open a stair way out. Hence I suggested that gravity should be "enough to jump 2 blocks".
... but we would need to add a stair in the Spider Queen generation. The Moon' and Mars' boss rooms are leveled with the hallway so that the player can leave freely the boos room...

PhysicalNova

Jun 21, 2018
France
I got the point. But I think there's a misunderstanding. What I was saying was that the boss shouldn't be able to leave (obviously). If the boss is too large to escape the room, then it could be re-elevated, because the player could leave but not the boss. With that, it could be possible to change the gravity. I know the dungeon mechanics and its reactions with the player. (sorry if I got misunderstood, maybe my english isn't pretty good)
If the fact that the boss could leave isn't the problem, then please explain me why the room was lowered. Thanks again for taking the time to respond !