Trying to Seal my Moon Base

barreyi

Jan 14, 2015
Using Galacticraft 2 on 1.6.4.
I'm trying to use an oxygen sealer to seal my moon base but the sealer says there are too many blocks or that it is unsealed. There are only 660 blocks of space within my base so it is within the limit of 800 blocks for an oxygen sealer. There is a basement area (for oxygen production) that is entirely closed off and there are glass blocks that go around the entirety of my circular base. Does anyone think the basement is causing problems or that it is most likely the glass blocks? Thanks.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Which exact version of Galacticraft 2? You really need to be using a recent version (ideally, 2.0.14) to have a smoothly working Oxygen Sealer.

Apart from that: what type of glass, and do you have any blocks around like gravel or wool which the air can get through?

One idea is to temporarily build a wall chopping your circular base in half, see if the sealer can seal a smaller space. Basically, box in the sealer until it seals, then gradually make the box bigger until the seal stops working.

(Somebody has already suggested that we make an item which can show you the exact place where the sealer is unsealed - it's a great idea, we probably will do that at some stage but it will only be in GC3 or a future GC version obviously.)

barreyi

Jan 14, 2015
I believe I am using the most recent version, I'll check when I get home. Would I be able to safely update to a newer version if I'm not using the latest? I tried to convert my GC2 world to GC3 and ended up with all the air blocks as glass panes so I'm a little weary.

All the glass is the ordinary MC glass block and there are no gravel or wool at all. Using sealable oxygen pipe and sealable wire for anything heading in or out of the base.

I'll try placing cordoning off my sealer and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I think you mean 'wary', and yes any GC2 version update should work fine! Depending on which GC2 version you have, you may also find that an update path first to the latest GC2 version, and then from that to a Minecraft 1.7 version, works well. Try it some time and see, I suggest. If there are world update problems (which are not caused by other mods) that's certainly something we would want to know about, it is supposed to work problem-free.

The most recent GC2 version is 2.0.14.1098. It's in red on http://micdoodle8.com/mods/galacticraft/downloads. I'm not aware of any problems at all with the sealer in that version.

(One thing: in the core.conf config you should check that the multithreaded sealer setting is on the default, recommended setting of false.)

barreyi

Jan 14, 2015
Yes, totally meant wary. I'll make sure I'm updated and check some settings. I am using a couple more mods other than galacticraft so I imagine it has more to do with those then. All your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

barreyi

Jan 14, 2015
The version I was using was 2.0.14.1084 so I changed to the latest, didn't seem to help. I broke all the glass and replaced them with bricks but that didn't work either. I then added bricks in certain spots to try and make it more closed off where there were weird angles and that didn't work either. It did work when I closed myself into a much smaller space. Also, the multithreaded sealer setting is false. There might be a corner I missed or something so I'll try again later.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
sounds good. If you get to a situation where you think it should work, but it is not working, then please give a screenshot. Be aware that some blocks from other mods may not be counted as solid, and also a few vanilla blocks are not solid (stairs, doors, farmland, extended pistons, slabs etc - anything with a hole). Oh, and leaves - leaves are not solid.