Unable to add Mekanism Universal Cables as External Sealable IDs

hudspeth

Jun 16, 2015
I am using GalacticraftCore-1.7-3.0.11.333 and Mekanism-1.7.10-8.1.1.228

Greetings, this is my first post and this stemmed from seeing that I could attach Mekanism Universal cables to Sealable Heavy Aluminum Wire in my space base.

Once I did that I figured yay, I can seal my base! However, energy isn't passed through the Sealable Heavy Aluminum Wires, even though the Universal Cables connect to the block.

So then I tried to add the ID's and metadata to my config:
Code:
# List non-opaque blocks from other mods (for example, special types of glass) that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid seals. Format is BlockName or BlockName:metadata
    S:"External Sealable IDs" <
        minecraft:glass_pane:0
        5382:0
        5382:1
        5382:2
        5382:3

The messagesI get are:
[03:18:02] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: [config] External Sealable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:air instead of 5382
[03:18:02] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: [config] External Sealable IDs: not a good idea to specify air, skipping that!
[03:18:02] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: [config] External Sealable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:air instead of 5382
[03:18:02] [Server thread/INFO] [Galacticraft]: [config] External Sealable IDs: not a good idea to specify air, skipping that!

I've also tried every combination of Mekanism:universal_cable_basic, etc etc that I could think of and still it does not recognize the Universal Cables.

I found this portion in an itemdump from NEI:
Code:
Mekanism:PartTransmitter,5382,0,false,Basic Universal Cable
Mekanism:PartTransmitter,5382,1,false,Advanced Universal Cable
Mekanism:PartTransmitter,5382,2,false,Elite Universal Cable
Mekanism:PartTransmitter,5382,3,false,Ultimate Universal Cable

These numbers match what I see in the item finder in game.

I also tried:
Code:
Mekanism:PartTransmitter
Mekanism:PartTransmitter:5382
Mekanism:PartTransmitter:5382:1
Nothing works. Has anyone been able to do this?

hudspeth

Jun 16, 2015
Just to add to this, I am able to
Code:
/give myself Mekanism:partTransmitter
and it will give me a basic universal cable. I can also
Code:
/give myself 5382
and it will give me a basic universal cable, it then warns me about "Using numeric IDs will not be supported in the future. Please use names, such as 'Mekanism:partTransmitter'

At a loss for why Galacticraft can't pick up these blocks when I set them in the config.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It's because Mekanism's cables are not blocks - they are parts of multipart blocks. The actual block is a BlockMicroMaterial - the same block which is used for microblock panels, coverplates, etc etc, but you don't want that to be sealed.

5382 is the item ID, not the block ID.

I think there is no way to do what you want just now, you will have to wait until Galacticraft offers Enclosed Mekanism Cables. That is on the to-do list, I will raise it up a few places :)

hudspeth

Jun 16, 2015
Awesome to hear Radfast. Other than this, my wife and I love galacticraft. I had to do some setup using Energy Cubes offered by Mekanism to act as transformers then used Sealable Heavy Aluminum wire and Heavy Aluminum wire to seal up my base in certain parts. The Energy Cubes work with Heavy Aluminum wire, so I just need to feed a little bit of heavy alumnium through the sealable blocks then use an energy cube so I can use the output as my converter for mekanism universal cables.

Was super annoying, but got the job done.