Universal Electricity can make rocket fuel?

Jan 13, 2014
Hello,

I'm new to galacticraft and I have to admit I did not reach yet the level where I can start crafting block of galacticraft, but lets start from the beginning.
I'm assemling a skyblock modpack named SkyGalaxy, is a simple modpack without too much stuff, this is the discussion I made on minecraft forum, I already collected permissions from people who wanted to be asked permissions and I'm preparing for release, I just need some more days to test things out and permission to distribuite the skyblock map.

So the gameplay is mostly in stages, stage one where you have to follow the gameplay from the skyblock mod ( ex nihilo skyblock companion mod ), as soon as you reach automation and large number of resources there is stage 2 where you can go visit nether and fallen sky dimension ( ultimate nether mod ) and the end ( hardcore ender expansion ) and collect new blocks and content, stage 3 when you can fly to other planets so the game is not over yet. :)

There are no tech mods, the only one apart from galacticraft is universal electricity, I've chosen it because its a mod I never play with yet, I play mods since 2-3 months ( please check my age I'm not a kid, I play games since zSpectrum :p ) so the question would be can UE provide rocket fuel? And if not what tech mod can provide rocket fuel? The question came to me from the developer of skyblock, I did not think about it before placing GalactiCraft in the pack, my bad and apologies.

I hope this thread is not seen as publicity, I was just banned from the forum of another mod because of the links to other mods than what they make, the pack is going to be public, I really want to see how people reach all the stages and since I'm italian and we have very bad internet here I'd like people to download it and play it on their own. I do all for fun and sharing ;) , for free as in free beer ;)

I wish it could be in atlauncher or ftb launcher but I need a website, a comunity and so much more bureocrazy ( mispel joke :p ) I cannot really handle now.

So if you have not read the minecraft forum thread I'm reposting here the mod list, mostly decorative and exploration content:

I still miss permission from NoobCrew to distribuite the map, pardon my maccaroni english and again I hope you can answer my question, can UE provide rocket fuel and if not what can I include to help making rocket fuel and keep in mind I would like the pack to be small.

Ciao!

PS: apologies for not knowing how to use the spoiler tag on your forum

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Sorry, I could have been more specific, but that was part of my point. I meant that you COULD get fuel from oil, but that would require a world. So my implied point was that I don't think you could do it since you are using a skyblock. I suppose it could be possible to set up a sky island with nothing but oil as a reward for accomplishing a particular goal, then use command blocks or something to TP back and forth. Those may not be the best answers, but I'm just trying to throw out suggestions since nobody else has yet.

Jan 13, 2014
Mhhhh,that is a good inspiration... since I'm also running the Ultimate Nether mod that has a dimension called Fallen Sky which is in fact a world with biomes and such, would you think oil might be generated there? Or is there a config to say generate oil in dimension $X, so to speak?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate, and anyhow is a single player modpack... but if I would make a server I would go for your suggestion making something like a chocobo race where who win get to go to a dimension where there is oil...or I could spawn oil on their island.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
So I suppose I will have to discover by my self since nobody is answering...
Galacticraft is still partially documented, so it's likely that most of people won't know certain questions.

On topic: Galacticraft generates oil pockets inside the terrain but also uses the oil from those "fountains" if you have installed UE, IIRC. If you world won't generate enough terrain to create oil, such as skyblock, well no rocket fuel. Unless you have an alchemy mod that converts water into something else, but I don't know if there's any.

(BTW, I'd love if Micdoodle lets us use hydrogen generated from Mekanism for rocket fuel)

Jan 13, 2014
I conluded the same thing while investigating the issue, I should include in the pack another tech mod, I would had preferred something like the rain water tank that you put bio stuff in it ( sapplings, raw food, etc ) to macerate and become oil after long time, a bit like the coalcoke ovens, but a mod like this it seems does not exist yet.
Is there something like biofuels-creosolite-gasoline converters in the "mods universe"? I mean from fuel to another? Not from refined to raw, that would not make sense in my opinion... Any magical mod that transmute liquids? I'll investigate on that and thank you all for your time.
I did not wanted to include mfr because I wanted the pack to be small and with less tech as possible not to get lost around the mods.

Thank you for the suggestions, and pardon me if you think I'm going off topic, after having checked galacticraft docs I think I have enough to go on.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
I conluded the same thing while investigating the issue, I should include in the pack another tech mod, I would had preferred something like the rain water tank that you put bio stuff in it ( sapplings, raw food, etc ) to macerate and become oil after long time, a bit like the coalcoke ovens, but a mod like this it seems does not exist yet.
Is there something like biofuels-creosolite-gasoline converters in the "mods universe"? I mean from fuel to another? Not from refined to raw, that would not make sense in my opinion... Any magical mod that transmute liquids? I'll investigate on that and thank you all for your time.
I did not wanted to include mfr because I wanted the pack to be small and with less tech as possible not to get lost around the mods.

Thank you for the suggestions, and pardon me if you think I'm going off topic, after having checked galacticraft docs I think I have enough to go on.
No and no mfr on skyblock means no oil.

Jan 13, 2014
Ok, I get your point but now "I have a dream" of galacticraft with EnderIO not having to dig into the tech conglomeration havoc of mfr-bc-den-etcetc.

I digged through the code of Galacticraft:

https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galac...alacticraft/core/blocks/GCCoreBlockFluid.java

Is this the oil generation or should I look in the micdoodle API code for that? I did not look there yet. If I could patch the skyblock to add oil generation in the void since the mod already does some checking against world generation for not bugging the world map ( generating land and getting off your island to real land ) and some other checks for nether and end, the code for the skyblock mod is not public and I still have to get an answer about it from erasmus so I'm just looking if I can get all useful coding informations beforehand, like that I could keep only galacticraft and use its oil generation, or am I wrong?
Living in a void of nothing and petrol. xD

Thank you for your time.