Video Settings/Shaders/etc

akherber

Oct 30, 2013
Forgive me if this is a common question. I am looking for an answer to whether any mods (optifine) and shaders (such as SEUS) work or can be made to work with Galacticraft?

I really enjoy the pretty-factor that Optifine/SEUS bring to the overworld and nether. I would love to turn them off on the Moon and in Galacticraft worlds in general but the option does not seem to exist.

If it's not possible then I will live without, but if the problem has been solved on one side or the other, let me know! Thanks in advance.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
hi @akherber

Optifine works with Galacticraft.

Shaders such as SEUS do not work with Galacticraft - at least, they should be OK or mostly OK on the Overworld, but as soon as you go to the Moon or a space station or any other planet, they mess up totally because they do not understand about the dark sky and everything else which is visually different there.

If there is a way to switch the shaders on and off per dimension (so "on" for the Overworld, "off" for Galacticraft dimensions) that could work, although I think Overworld rocket launches will still look a bit strange above y = 256. But we do not know any way to switch the shaders off per dimension. It's a feature the shaders author needs to add.

Note: I didn't look at any shaders recently, so maybe a feature for this is now available if you look.