Want to translate GalactiCraft? Check this out!

Discussion in 'General' started by radfast, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Member

Ok, I did the pull request with all the files translated.
    Now i only need to see if all the text is coherent in-game:D
    By the way, wtf is desh?

2. CaptainTurbomuffin

The main Mars ore. Very very important ;) You need it fo nearly everithyng, and you don't have to translate it.

3. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

4. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey @CaptainTurbomuffin, I wasn't sure if you were done with your translation yet, because of the question about Desh. When you're ready, please let me know and we can include it in Galacticraft officially. I looked in your link and I did not see any hu_HU files yet? I'm happy if you want to credit yourself in the first line of each file. We will also credit the main translators on the first page of this thread.

5. CaptainTurbomuffin

I did something badly than, I tought I have to rewrite the US files to my language in my branch, but is it OK if I rename my hungarian US files into HU files? Or make copies of them? And tha I'll insert the original US files.

6. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey @CaptainTurbomuffin, I still can't find those Hungarian language files, I looked at the en_US also but it's all in English....

Maybe the best thing is if you zip up the 4 files (call them something like core-HU, moon-HU), upload the zip somewhere and give me the link. Then I will install them in Galacticraft for you. Then if you want to edit them in future, it will be easy for you - you can make a new fork, your files will be there as hu_HU.lang and you can edit directly online in Github and submit a Pull Request to have us merge the edits back into the official Galacticraft.

7. MrNaxeros

MrNaxeros Member

I finished translating Core file into Polish. I couldn't commit changes so I decided to copy-paste it to one of my text editors. Accidentaly i pressed ctrl+v instead ctrl+c and my work was gone. There was no undo option... That Github is really annoying.
    Anyway since I very like your mod I'll keep translating your mod into polish. This time using Notepad ++.
    Where can I send it after I'm done?

8. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

@MrNaxeros thank you that sounds great (except the ctrl+v part). When you are ready, just upload the files any place you like (for example, Dropbox) and give me the link.

9. MrNaxeros

MrNaxeros Member

10. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

11. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

I ran an update to bring all the language files up-to-date with recent changes in the en_US - see Github.

12. MrNaxeros

MrNaxeros Member

So... I tried that Github but when I'm browsing files through that fork they are outdated. Part of my .lang file is not translated and there is nothing about new items.
    Any ideas?

EDIT: I just realized that I missed few lines. What does these mean?
    gui.spaceRace.create.brushRadius.name=Brush Rad ##NEEDS TRANSLATE##
    gui.spaceRace.create.eraserRadius.name=Eraser Rad ##NEEDS TRANSLATE##
    gui.spaceRace.create.brushSize.name=Brush Size ##NEEDS TRANSLATE##
    gui.spaceRace.create.eraserSize.name=Eraser Size ##NEEDS TRANSLATE##

Just explain me what those things mean and I'll correct it asap... If I figure out how to make Github let me edit it.

#32 MrNaxeros, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  13. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

@MrNaxeros, sounds like your fork is not up to date. There is no Github button for syncing forks :( [http://trueg.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/keeping-your-gibhub-fork-up-to-date/] so the best is just delete your current fork, then go to the Galacticraft main repository page and press the 'Fork' button to create a new fork. Edit on your fork. Press 'Pull Request' when you are done.

The text strings you asked about are painting tools - like in MS Paint - so brush radius and brush size, eraser radius and eraser size. Try to paint a flag in the game (in SpaceRace), you will see the tools.

14. LividPumpkin

LividPumpkin Member

radfast hey i can translate the arabic lang if you want !

15. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

hey @LividPumpkin - that's awesome. Another forum member said a few months back that he was planning to work on an Arabic translation but I don't remember who it was, and a search does not find the post, anyhow we have not seen it so it would be great if you have time to do that now. The main translation of GalacticraftCore is the hard one, will take you a few hours, after that it gets better...

With the Arabic language I am worried about how it can be written right-to-left, for messages in the game like "Oxygen production: 10 /s". Probably there is a translation string "Oxygen production" with "10 /s" always being written to the right side of that, and the numbers will always be written in Western not Arabic numerals (I know Western numerals are Arabic but still they look a little different, like a different font). I'm not sure if we can change that without forcing all the other translators to update their strings, which I do not want to do. Your best approach may be to leave those specific messages in English, and just translate the other 95% of the mod. Do you know how other mods handle this type of issue?

16. Darwin_Derp

Darwin_Derp Member

I'm working on the nl_NL (Dutch) translations. I've finished translations for the moon and Mars.

#36 Darwin_Derp, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    radfast, MoltonMontro and Ezer'Arch like this.
  17. Derp Johnson

Derp Johnson Member

I can translate to pirate speak

18. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Really?

#38 Ezer'Arch, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Darwin_Derp likes this.
  19. Ende18MC

Ende18MC Member

I can help to translate to Catalan (Catalonia)

20. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

More language translations are welcomed - remember it will really help the players in your country, especially younger players who maybe don't know English. Catalan - yes please.

Plenty of other languages can also benefit from translations, for example I can't believe we have no Galacticraft players in Romania, Vietnam or Indonesia ...

And Finnish is still begging for an update.