Weather...IN SPACE

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
maybe like this

mercury : nothing(but heat)
venus : sour rain(can hurt you)
mars : sandstorm(tiny sight)
jupiter : heavy storms all the time(tiny sight cant stay to long)
saturn : heavy storms all the time(tiny sight)
uranus : heavy storms all the time(wierd gravity cant stay to long)
neptune : ehm you know what to go here(same as jupiter and uranus)
pluto : meteor showers(can hurt you if hit)
You forgot the Moon.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Some weather ideas:
Acid rain: rain that hurts
Sandstorms: very low visibility (like void-fog), choking (you'll get the bubble timer like when you're underwater if you're without a suit).
Snowstorm: very low visibility, decreased speed (slowness I)
Heavy storms: like normal storms except the wind is so strong it slowly pushes/pulls you.
Meteor showers: rain that hurts a lot!
Asteroid showers: multiple impacts that explode on impact.
Solar bursts: Increased light level, electronic machines stop working.
Sounds like that could work!

The Supermon

Mar 14, 2013
doesn't Jupiter have a liquid nitrogen sea? and you just make a specially designed lander with a nitrogen resistant raft and splash down on the sea?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
doesn't Jupiter have a liquid nitrogen sea? and you just make a specially designed lander with a nitrogen resistant raft and splash down on the sea?
Liquid Nitrogen? Haha, the "sea" your referring to is Metallic Hydrogen, and that stuff is some weird shiz. We know very little about it because the pressures grow so great before you reach it that any sort of modern-day space-faring machinery will be destroyed before it reaches it. Not to mention to incredible heat and poisonous gases that inhabit Jupiter.
That doesn't mean it couldn't work though.

Mar 30, 2013
Florida, USA
Liquid Nitrogen? Haha, the "sea" your referring to is Metallic Hydrogen, and that stuff is some weird shiz. We know very little about it because the pressures grow so great before you reach it that any sort of modern-day space-faring machinery will be destroyed before it reaches it. Not to mention to incredible heat and poisonous gases that inhabit Jupiter.
That doesn't mean it couldn't work though.
thank you for saying that^^

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Perhaps you need special weather protection suits, for example, one that will protect you from lightning storms on jupiter, or extreme thermal suits to protect from the heat on mercury.

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
THERE IS NO SPACESUIT

I really wish there is a proper spacesuit that looks cool, just like the NASA ones. Having oxygen tank is is fine, but having skin exposed is seriously unrealistic

Perhaps the suit has to be different depending on where you are going, for example Venus, it has to withstand immense heat, where as Jupiter, it has to be able to support the player against the strong gravity.

If the player takes the suit off in these harsh condition they would die, probably instantly

This is the Spacesuit idea, that will work with this.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
What I think of water in the Moon:

A2VnIDg.jpg

Joking apart, it would make more sense if the player had to bring water to the Moon. The first time I saw those tree farms there that was sort of "whattaheck" moment.

Liquid water is possible only if there is enough pressure at certain temperature (Clausius–Clapeyron relation). Since Moon has no air, water would be either solid or gaseous, depending on the temperature. This means that, during the day, water would evaporate (like in the Nether) and freeze during the night. Liquid water would be possible inside pressured rooms.

(speaking of the Nether, discovered that beds explode in the Moon... ;0) )

The Supermon

Mar 14, 2013
oh BTW Jurpitur Ermhagerd.jpg This is supposed to be an artist's rendering of Jupiter's "surface" . Looked very interesting for me.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013

A2VnIDg.jpg

Joking apart, it would make more sense if the player had to bring water to the Moon. The first time I saw those tree farms there that was sort of "whattaheck" moment.

Liquid water is possible only if there is enough pressure at certain temperature (Clausius–Clapeyron relation). Since Moon has no air, water would be either solid or gaseous, depending on the temperature. This means that, during the day, water would evaporate (like in the Nether) and freeze during the night. Liquid water would be possible inside pressured rooms.

Maybe it's because you're an alien to them.

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013

A2VnIDg.jpg

you can go to galacticraft core config file and change beds exploding under general