what mods do you use most with Galacticraft and why ?

matt coulson

Sep 9, 2013
England
Screenshot (36).png attached is the list of mods i use with no problem, has anyone got any other suggestions that would be great (the reason my mic doodle core is separate as i find more compatible with other mods also basic components is in its own ...

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
Gosh.......
Ummmm
Modular powersuits is a must.
Every other tech mod I can get my little robotic fingers on.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
MINECRAFT 1.6.4:
-Rei's minimap (lost forever without it)
-Mr Crayfish furniture (i like it)
-Bibliocraft (i like it)
-Mutant Creatures [I DONT USE THIS ONE ALWAYS! I ONLY USE IT WHEN I FEEL LIKE PLAYING IN CREATIVE]
Those are probably my favourite mods w/Galacticraft

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
MINECRAFT 1.6.4:
-Rei's minimap (lost forever without it)
-Mr Crayfish furniture (i like it)
-Bibliocraft (i like it)
-Mutant Creatures [I DONT USE THIS ONE ALWAYS! I ONLY USE IT WHEN I FEEL LIKE PLAYING IN CREATIVE]
Those are probably my favourite mods w/Galacticraft

Hey you stole my list.

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Minecraft 1.6.2:
-Millénaire
-Rei's Minimap
-Galacticraft(Obviously)
-TooManyItems
-Twilight Forest
-Player Core API
-Threaded Lightning
-ComptuerCraft
-iChunUtil
-Portal Gun
-Doggy Talents
-Mr Crayfish's Furniture Mod
-Archimedes' Ships
-Morph
-Micdoodle Core
-Rei's Minimap
-Traincraft
-Somnia
-Minecraft Comes Alive
-Good Night's Sleep
-Optifine

Yup, I use tons of mods.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
GregTech to change GC into high-tier tech , so you cannot fly into space in stone age.
And a lot more mods which are compatible with it :)

Feb 14, 2015
Buxton, ME
HOW d

How do you get Galacticraft to work properly with mutant creatures, the api always changes how gravity effects you.

Might have been something that changed in the 15 months between the time that was posted and when you wrote your response.

Well, since you've gone ahead and done the whole thread necromancer thing (I'm usually the one that does that :p) here's the mod list I run on my server:

IndustrialCraft 2
BuildCraft
Forestry
Metallurgy
Another One Bites the Dust (compatibility between Metallurgy and IC2)
Twilight Forest
Enchanting Plus (with enchantment costs doubled)
Super Enchants
Chococraft (<3 Chocobos)
Roguelike Dungeons
AtomicStryker's Ruins mod (although I might take this one out)
Gravestones (because I have a bad habit of swimming in lava and dying close enough to it that I lose 90% of my stuff)
Minecraft Comes Alive

Yeah, I love me some mods. I actually haven't added Galacticraft (or Minecraft Comes Alive, or Super enchants) to my server yet because I'm about 180 miles from my PC this weekend, but I'm excited to get back home and do that (if this snow doesn't keep screwing things up >_<)

babybasher

Feb 13, 2015
HOW d

How do you get Galacticraft to work properly with mutant creatures, the api always changes how gravity effects you.

I realise this is an old thread. But having just installed mutant creatures myself, does it not work properly? All seems to work ok for me atm.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
My mods:
IC2
Buildcraft
Archimedes ships
Balkons weapons
Aether
Emerald and obsidian weapons mod
And sometimes I play with:
4Space
And I want to play with:
Gregtech
Dimensional Doors

Jecowa

May 10, 2015
Tinkers' Construct w/ Iguana Tinker Tweaks - This is the most fun way to smelt ores and the tool/weapon leveling system is fun too

Pam's HarvestCraft w/ Spice of Life & w/ Hunger Overhaul - Vanilla food is kind of boring. This combo forces you to cook and eat a variety of food. It's fun growing tomatoes in space too.

Iguana Tweaks - this mod slows you down on some terrain. I like that it incentivizes building roads.

ComputerCraft or OpenComputers - it's fun programming your own space bot. They are very helpful for building and mining in low-gravity environments.

WAILA & NEI - nice to be able to look at a block and know what it is. And it's nice to be able to look up recipes without switching apps.

Natura - adds cool berry bushes and new trees with their own custom doors

Jabba - the barrels are helpful for storing things like food, cobble, dirt, lava buckets, and zombie flesh

BetterStorage - the lockers make good fridges for food. the crates are kind of cool. And its crafting table is really helpful for making some of the tedious stuff from Pam's HarvestCraft.

Jecowa

May 10, 2015
I made one to build a farm for me. The turtle builds the farm while I work on the base. I've got another one that will leave my base, harvest the sugar cane, and return. It's so hard to manually harvest sugar cane in low-gravity environments. Even on Earth the sugar cane tends to go everywhere.

BigBishounen

Mar 6, 2015
Minecraft 1.7.10
Galacticraft
Tinker's Construct
NEI
Rei's Minimap

I'm currently also messing around with Buildcraft and High Pressure pipes.

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
Mods I use with galacticraft, hmmm.... thats a slightly difficult question since I normally just use whatever looks interesting xD

But the core ones I always use are:
Applied Energistics
Extra Cells
Thermal Expansion
IC2
More Planets
Bibliocraft
Treecapitator
MineTweaker( mainly to tweak more planets iridium to be cross compatible with the IC2 version )
Tinkers Construct
ExterTiC
Iguanas Tweaks
Tardis mod( because who doesn't want to go to space in a fully operational tardis? :p )
Buildcraft
Opencomputers or computercraft( still trying to figure out lua though... )
Carpenters Blocks
NEI( for obvious reasons, who doesn't use NEI? )
Waila
Iron Chests
Mekanism
Minechem
Voxel Map
Flans + a few content packs
Dense Ores

And heres some mods I use occasionally for a playthrough list if im in the mood for them:
MFR
Big Reactors
Ender IO
Electrical Age
Modular Powersuits
Extra Utilities
Open Blocks
Chisel 2
Wasteland Generator
Zombie Awarness
Blood Magic
Witchery
Thaumcraft

Also, did anyone else figure out how to abuse the combination of TE and MFR for infinite power? Turns out it's possible to create a setup for a self contained tree farm in any versions of the mods if used together that powers itself as well as pump out infinite charcoal to practically any number of steam dynamos you want and it's a VERY good setup for galacticraft machines while on other planets... no more power failure when your out of oxygen(happens to me more times then I can count...).
Takes some tweaking depending on how much power you want it to output per tick but it works perfectly... I made one as soon as I possibly could in the crash landing modpack and now im set on power pretty much forever

Dec 7, 2015
I have over 100 mods, and one of them is More Player Models. It works perfectly fine for me on 1.7.10, I don't see why people are saying it's an issue.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
i play with quite a few mods...
-Ender IO (for the machines/Conduits)
-Thermal Expansion (for some Dynamos)
-Applied Energistics 2 (for Obvious reasons)
-Mekanism (for the Ore Processing/Cables/Power/Tools/etc.)
-MineFactory Reloaded (for a Laser on a Space Station)
-Big Reactors (for some Easy Power)

-Journeymap
-Inv. Tweaks
-Optifine
-WAILA (+WAWLA)
-Fastcraft

these aren't even all of my Standard Tech-Mods xD
but no IC². that mod is Useless when you have theses!

orobouros

Mar 9, 2016
I'm going to rephrase this as "mods I wouldn't consider using Galacticraft without" or "mods without which Galacticraft space travel would be too difficult or annoying":

Any industrial mod for compatible power, per personal preference (Big Reactors, Atomic Science, etc.)

Modular Powersuits

NEI
. (few mods are simple enough to not benefit from NEI, and GC is no exception).

Thermal Expansion
(for Tesseracts, almost exclusively - power and, if I ever get GC 3.0, liquid O2 generation off-world is so nice, in whichever direction you prefer. Put your bulky reactors on the moon where they're out of the way, or just keep your moonbase efficient and compact by powering it from the overworld, etc. In GC 2.x my off-world bases are pretty much one small room attached to an enormous O2 plant, which is kind of annoying.)

Mystcraft (I know the rockets are half the fun, but getting back and forth is much better with this mod)

Any minimap, per personal preference, especially one with waypoints

Extra Utilities (almost entirely for Magnum Torches - empty dunes that are nothing but infinite mob spawners plus month-long nights on the Moon are intolerable with normal mob spawning around your base, sorry)

Carpenters Blocks (space bases just don't look right without angles - this one is only partially compatible, though. Any non-Vanilla transparent block IDs you add to the config will be sealable on their own, but NOT as textures for Carpenter's Blocks. Blocks that are sealable by default work just fine as CB textures, though.)

Any microblock mod you like, per personal preference. I prefer Immibis' Microblocks.