Why can't I re-post this!? Who's messing with me?... spaceship ruins, logs, PC allies , etc. - main

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!REMEMBER!!
The --advanced-- bit is not explore space, but walk around in your own rocket.

Thank you. Even if it is long, please take time to read all these suggestions.

1. Finally, a perfect base where you can RELAX, and not run out of oxygen etc instantly.
Although very expensive, OXYGEN RECYLERS FOR SPACE SUITS! And for bases, as an alternative and smaller breathing thing. Also, leaf decay MUST be off by default. Same with the alternate mars stars rubbish - I HAVE BEEN OFF MINECRAFT FOR A BIT, IF IT WAS CHANGED I HAVE NO IDEA.

2. Logs
You can craft logbooks, write text into them etc. I KNOW that you can use books, but still... Actually yes you have a point. :/

3. Ancient alien spaceship ruins
No danger, however still creepy and tense - spaceships! Crashed on the iron surface of mars, decaying etc. The whole thing is a dungeon. You should be able to break blocks (and in planet dungeons), but they must be ULTRA-hard. So its a big ship, rooms with keys, maps (ZELDA!) and stuff like that. You must be able to scrap the stuff, melt it down into items, scrap broken machinery etc. Depending on how badly smashed into the ground it is.

--Advanced start--

4. Starships
I love the idea of epic tech far into the game. This is not building your own ships as such, however the interiors are yours to place whatever you please. And people. And then colours etc for hull customization, e.g. logos, if minecraft.net ever gave you a logo section, that would appear on your ship/the markings of something else.
Now, these early ships are wheels and fuel.
What you NEED to actually at least fail:
A 21x21 or larger TOTALLY flat square.
A starship block.
Place it in the middle of the square, then right click to open the GUI. It will have all the starships you can craft, give it schematics to use more. The first you get is a Basic Spaceship. It has no FTL drive, but it CAN just about go to other systems. FTL drives use FTL fuel until you get the hardware to not. Anyway, you need a runway of <no idea> blocks long, and 20 blocks wide. This is for the non-VTOL* spaceships. Now, go through the airlock, (all spaceships have at least 2 large chests of storage, artificial gravity, oxygen recyclers for 5 people not wearing suits, 5 beds and 5 cryogenic sleeping chambers, and 1 very weak and basic laser) into the cockpit and right click on the cockpit block. A GUI of the on button etc comes up. Press POWER. Now lots of control panel things light up, you hear bleeping and a rising sound of activation. Other people can be inside the craft's gravity and have their position referring to the ship, not world. If they disconnect, and the ship moves, they stay where they were in the ship's position when they connect. Now, press LAUNCH etc. Q for down, E for up. WASDQE refers to the direction the ship looks in, so if you look down and press Q, you fly backwards according to the world. Crashing badly will make you explode and attach your ship to the world like the ancient martian spaceships. If you crashland, you have a chance of living, depending on how badly smashed up your ship is. Anyway, fires start, you have to scrap everything quickly before they get anywhere near the core, overheat it and make the ship explode. You can somehow put out all the fires (you must be very good), but then you should repair the damaged hull. Now you can fly again, because it wasn't crashed enough to get attached to the land. Planet Selection GUI (sigh...)

You can replace hardware etc and add hardware PLEASE.
So, because you have no FTL drive, or some other name, you have to use up a crap ton of fuel getting inbetween systems. Go to cryo-sleep. It will take you about 100 MC days, that's a reasonable time, to get to the next star. Because you have no FTL drive! Anyway, if everyone in your LAN server goes to cryo-bed, for the same amount of time, it all skips towards the target, and changes the day count (I think that's real... I hope it is...) by however long it is, but not the time. Unless its a day 'and a bit'.

Please, do not use real stars. JUST Sol. Please.

Scenario: crafted an FTL drive from plomtanium or whatever.
Go to the engine room. There are numerous drive slots, and place it in and YAY.

* Vertical take of and landing.

5. Docking your older ships sentimentally in the new, bigger ones.
Simple!

6. PC allies
To go inbetween yer buddie's ships, you need not even a shuttle, but a POD. Or CAPSULE. (or they dock in you're ship)
They have: an airlock, oxygen recyclers, strap-in seats.
Anyway, the idea of flying through space KSP, no, StarMade style in Minecraft with your friends, admit it, is amazing. The idea of exploring the oceans for new land, too is exciting... Sigh... You can only have one!
You can establish factions for real official groups.

7. Shuttles and fighters.
Simple, in your big starship, you can dock shuttles and fighters to land/fight in battles.
You can get AI for those fighters so that they will go out and fight when you have noone else with you.
You go to the shuttle bay. So, to the ship normally, power on, request launch, the owner/you will press HANGAR OPEN, the hangar will not depressurize and open if anyone is inside it. Anyway, get everyone out, depressurize the bay and open the doors. Nice flying out animation. You go down to the cubehttp://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...he-ghost-blocks-at-the-end-of-the-world.2937/ below/above whatever. Land in the way I didn't say because I have no idea. Yay! Now launch! A ship with shuttles will probably all be VTOL.

--Advanced stop--

8. Another gravity unit suggestion (My special UE way)
I had an idea for a mod about anti gravity. It went like this: power the anti gravity generator, then anti gravity energy goes out of the anti gravity wires into the disperser, select power and bubble size and yay, antigravity, working with galacticraft's gravity levels: for 0 percent gravity on a planet with 50 percent, just set it to 50 percent!

HOWEVER! I think it would be better if it was actually in galacticraft, as both gravity and anti-gravity, to control the amount of gravity perfectly. This mostly revolves around how the mod would have been. Basically, make a gravity unit, however crafted, then put electricity from a wire/battery into it, and it will seal, like an oxygen sealer, gravity/anti gravity. Bubble versions for the station's outside, and also something to put the oxygen, pressure (add that too, I'll say below) and gravity bubble in the same place... Connect it to a gravity sensor and set it to 100% to automatically generate the appropriate amount amount of gravity/anti-gravity to set it to that. The more g/a-g is generated, the more electricity is used up.

9. Pressure sealers, pressure bubble dispersers.
Simple, just like what said above, it sets the pressure to the appropriate level, if you don't have it at the general level of Overworld pressure, you explode. Not like TNT, you pop.

10. IMPORTANT STUFF ON ROCKETS
This is for the now, the simple little rockets.
Change to the T2 rocket recipe - MOST IMPORTANT PART
Instead of boosters, it has a T2 rocket engine. Also, it needs a glass pane for the window, a door, and a control panel, and it needs to have electricity for that. Also, the rocket interior itself is an airlock, the depressurization etc happens within that 1 room. And, the window needs to be within view of the player when in 1st person mode.

Then, what do boosters do? Simple, although using up more rocket fuel, they will make the rocket go faster. Just like a rocket engine, except not necessary And, if you made a rocket, but didn't put boosters in the 4 booster slots? (Add those!) Then all you have to do, is place the rocket on a Rocket Upgrader table, (putting a rocket on it will have its model on the table block?) and then add/remove engines etc at your leisure. You can also use this table to upgrade your rocket from one tier to another. And downgrade!

For the available destinations, how does it make sense that if you are on Mars, with a tier 1 rocket, you can't go to Mars? I think that each rocket's tier is how far it can go in one go. Tier 1 can reach moons. Tier 2 can reach neighbouring planets. Tier 3 can skip 1 planet, and so on.
Instead of a lunar lander, nor jumping from a parachute, (onto a planet with no air!) but the rocket lands on its fins!

index.php

like that? I dunno what that image is from, I just found it!

11. Hoppers as the item pipe system, going not upwards.
You should be able to attach hoppers to the item inputs and outputs of machines, and obviously hop them about.

12. Hopper and gravity
The amount of gravity on each planet is different, and since hoppers rely on gravity, the lower it is, the longer hoppers take to drain items.

13. Oxygen pipes are... glass pipes that can carry things.
Why can't oxygen pipes carry other things? They're just glass pipes!

Last edited:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Actually, you would have the GUI. Its just that you go up to the control panel, select the planet, and walk around in your own rocket, farming etc with your friends until you reach the planet.

That doesn't even make sense. Have you not played Galacticraft before?

You fly up to 1,200. It would be pointless to walk around in your rocket because you wouldn't have time to do anything. Also real astronauts don't walk around during launch.

You hit the GUI. It would be pointless to walk around because it's a GUI. You select your destination and you're there.

Then you land. You're usually busy doing other things, so you wouldn't have time to walk around anyways. Also real astronauts don't walk around during landings either.

That doesn't even make sense. Have you not played Galacticraft before?

You fly up to 1,200. It would be pointless to walk around in your rocket because you wouldn't have time to do anything. Also real astronauts don't walk around during launch.

You hit the GUI. It would be pointless to walk around because it's a GUI. You select your destination and you're there.

Then you land. You're usually busy doing other things, so you wouldn't have time to walk around anyways. Also real astronauts don't walk around during landings either.

No, for a far away destination, you would NOT go there instantly. In fact, I think even Overworld to Moon, or even Overworld to space station should have a tiny wait, of like 30 seconds, IN WHICH FUEL IS CONSUMED!

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
No, for a far away destination, you would NOT go there instantly. In fact, I think even Overworld to Moon, or even Overworld to space station should have a tiny wait, of like 30 seconds, IN WHICH FUEL IS CONSUMED!

I'm not really for the whole "walk around in your spaceship" idea, but even if there was a strong likelihood that it was going to be implemented (and that's a big if), what exactly is the point of walking around for 30 seconds? What is to be gained by walking around instead of just showing up at your destination?

Last edited:
Reactions: IsoMS

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
No, this is about far away destinations. You wait in your rocket while you are flying.

No you don't and you're not going to.

Since when? When did Mitch say this was going to happen? NEVER. It's not going to happen, so just stop. Just because Wolfboy says it is so doesn't make it so. You THINK it should have a wait, but it doesn't and there's no reason why it should. The current system is what it is. It's not going to change. There's no reason for it to change. Get over it.

Aug 26, 2013
Actually, you would have the GUI. Its just that you go up to the control panel, select the planet, and walk around in your own rocket, farming etc with your friends until you reach the planet.
Think about you rocket as a steel portal, and about your space station as a spaceship.

No you don't and you're not going to.

Since when? When did Mitch say this was going to happen? NEVER. It's not going to happen, so just stop. Just because Wolfboy says it is so doesn't make it so. You THINK it should have a wait, but it doesn't and there's no reason why it should. The current system is what it is. It's not going to change. There's no reason for it to change. Get over it.

Well, it is more logical that the further the destination the longer it takes and the more fuel in consumed. THAT, you must surely agree with.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
d
Doesent it piss you off too or are you the perfect person?

It seems you aren't grasping the point I'm trying to make. Whether I like anyone's ideas or not is irrelevant. It is a matter of how you are reacting.

No, I certainly am not perfect. I admit I don't agree with or support many of wolfboyft's suggestions for the mod, but that doesn't give me any reason to think less of him as a person or to start verbally attacking him or anyone else.

Why does anyone's bad (in your opinion) idea piss you off anyway? Seems like a pretty trivial thing to get mad about. Why not just ignore it?

By the way, I don't know where you got the impression that you are able to speak on behalf of "everyone" because I certainly have seen people support some of his ideas.

The Supermon

Mar 14, 2013
Idea: if you want Gravity, no luck there, but you can use centrifugal force by spinning the rocket fast enough (then again, your gonna need a BIG rocket), but the rocket entity just doesn't give us the feeling of a solid barrier, and if we make a ship (preferably made our of blocks) then how are we gonna make the blocks move? entities, but entities can easily do their own thing and glitch, great idea, but a very slim chance of stable implemintation

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I don't really support the idea of walking around in a spaceship just because I would rather stick to the rockets as well as get there quicker, but I do think the suggestion is doable. The ship itself doesn't even need to actually move. In reality all the blocks that make up the ship would be stationary and you could just make the scenery (space) change. It could basically just be a waiting room with exterior eye candy. Overworld getting smaller while the destination planet gets bigger. That way no moving entities are required, but it still appears as though you are moving through space. Again, I don't really see the point besides being just for fun, but I think it could be done in a rather stable manner.

I don't really support the idea of walking around in a spaceship just because I would rather stick to the rockets as well as get there quicker, but I do think the suggestion is doable. The ship itself doesn't even need to actually move. In reality all the blocks that make up the ship would be stationary and you could just make the scenery (space) change. It could basically just be a waiting room with exterior eye candy. Overworld getting smaller while the destination planet gets bigger. That way no moving entities are required, but it still appears as though you are moving through space. Again, I don't really see the point besides being just for fun, but I think it could be done in a rather stable manner.

:D

Brill mate! Don't call me crazy, but I want it to take aaaages... like... 1 day. On Earth. I want stuff like:

Torches, lava, glowstone and fire on netherrack burning out
Days to be 24h!
Of course, 24h of waiting in a game is daft, so obviously there would be stuff to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.