Why can't I re-post this!? Who's messing with me?... spaceship ruins, logs, PC allies , etc. - main

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I did think of a potential issue with the whole "your spaceship doesn't move but the scenery looks like it is" idea. What about during takeoff and landing? Sure once you are already IN this proposed "travel dimension" that may work, but what about getting TO that dimension? You would still need to takeoff from a planet in your spaceship so maybe entities would still be needed until you reach Y: 1200. Not sure, just another issue that needs to be considered.

I did think of a potential issue with the whole "your spaceship doesn't move but the scenery looks like it is" idea. What about during takeoff and landing? Sure once you are already IN this proposed "travel dimension" that may work, but what about getting TO that dimension? You would still need to takeoff from a planet in your spaceship so maybe entities would still be needed until you reach Y: 1200. Not sure, just another issue that needs to be considered.

And... in space, what about when you are flying with your friend!? D:

EDIT:

With him in another rocket.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
:D

Brill mate! Don't call me crazy, but I want it to take aaaages... like... 1 day. On Earth. I want stuff like:

Torches, lava, glowstone and fire on netherrack burning out
Days to be 24h!
Of course, 24h of waiting in a game is daft, so obviously there would be stuff to do!
what if i forgot a item and i need to go back do i need to wait 24h nononono stupid notch made a reson to make it short.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
:D

Brill mate! Don't call me crazy, but I want it to take aaaages... like... 1 day. On Earth. I want stuff like:

Torches, lava, glowstone and fire on netherrack burning out
Days to be 24h!
Of course, 24h of waiting in a game is daft, so obviously there would be stuff to do!

You want to turn GC\minecraft into a simulator, but I sure wouldn't want to play the mod you're imagining.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
I don't really support the idea of walking around in a spaceship just because I would rather stick to the rockets as well as get there quicker, but I do think the suggestion is doable. The ship itself doesn't even need to actually move. In reality all the blocks that make up the ship would be stationary and you could just make the scenery (space) change. It could basically just be a waiting room with exterior eye candy. Overworld getting smaller while the destination planet gets bigger. That way no moving entities are required, but it still appears as though you are moving through space. Again, I don't really see the point besides being just for fun, but I think it could be done in a rather stable manner.
i think the system is fine and the rocket looks awsome!

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I don't agree. I would love to wait 24 hours in a rocket. Please, this is my crazy opinion.

I'd just like to see... a config option.

You have a very boring life then.

He's not going to waste time coding something like this. That's exactly what it would be. A waste of time making something that only Wolfboy and maybe 2 other people would ever use.

Status
Not open for further replies.