Why Should I Take Off My Fish Bowl Helmet?

Thoughts on what gear players should be encouraged to remove when in a "base"?

• Total voters

OfSticks

Dec 8, 2016
Okay so I've been an enthusiast of galacticraft for a hot minute not (formerly patriotatwood; martian dust storms) and well, the matter is that when I start playing on the galacticraft side of things in game; I'll set up a fully-sealed base with villagers and the sort using a good amount of large o2 tanks...

I'll then go in my base and carry on with my meaningless minecraft tasks without ever taking off my oxygen gear or removing my helmet, not when I eat, not to sleep soundly, not even when I go in cold storage! All I ask is a reason to want to take my oxygen gear off. Heck right now the only advantage to taking off my gear is that I have a better chance of dying if my lil glass-sealed crater if a meteor impacts.

Perhaps a wearer of a oxygen mask would not be able consume foods, or maybe there is a constant slowness buff while wearing o2 tanks, just something that would make me want to take that risky jump to finally take off my fish bowl helmet.

(and I'd have my reason to take off some gear if I set up an old bubble-distributer, otherwise I'll go on strike and just live outta a collector and compressor)

Thoughts? I mean astronauts don't go around wearing full eva gear, it's kinda cumbersome irl, I just figure it would make gameplay better and make things more fun.

OfSticks

Dec 8, 2016
I was thinking something the same, similar to an armor stand, but one that can un/equip all 02 gear at once (unless only one piece of equipment would be the hindering force then I'd be cool with only have to move that single item).

OfSticks

Dec 8, 2016
I can get behind that. It's certainly better than just eatin' a plain baked potato on the moon's surface.

Redstoner_TNT

Jan 28, 2017
I would keep it on because what if someone snuck into you base and you keep your helmet in a chest then the could brake you oxygen setup then you suffocate