Wire not powering or charging items...

Darrell

Jan 28, 2014
Quite frequently, I have to break the aluminum wire between a power source and another block (solar panel and a battery power box, for example) and replace the wire in order for the electricity to flow.

It's kinda frustrating to have things setup the way you want, but you have to still go, find the wire, break it and replace it, for components to power up. I see this being more of an issue once I get to the moon.

Has anyone else experienced this? It feels less like a bug and more like a user-specific problem : ) Should I use more heavy aluminum wire instead?

Thanks!

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Micdoodle fixed it in the devbuilds. You can wait for an official release or download an unstable release from the repository.

Darrell

Jan 28, 2014
Now my energy storage modules simply will not power from my solar panels at all. The solar panels (advanced) will only charge batteries, nothing more. I've tried different configurations, heavy wire, and nothing. And the refinery will only accept power from a coal generator or battery. Tried linking 2 adv. solar panels together to increase the kilowatts and linking to a storage energy module, but it still won't run.

I downloaded the latest dev (918) to see if it would correct the errors but when I load my save file it says 3050 & 10461 is missing from the mod eplus. Now I'm afraid to load the save file in case it messes things up for me.

*frustrated*

Darrell

Jan 28, 2014
Correction. Those missing mod eplus errors was my fault. I loaded the wrong backup from a time when I was trying new mods that wouldn't work properly.

Same problems persist however.

Darrell

Jan 28, 2014
Just an update... I've added the most recent dev pack (946) and I still cannot get any power from any power source to any machine.

For example... I've done this:

refinery.jpg

That's 9 advanced solar panels connected with heavy aluminum wire to my refinery. And without a battery in the battery slot, the refinery shows no power. I try breaking and re-adding the wire, and nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm having to farm batteries like wheat :) I'm wondering if this is an issue caused by adding buildcraft... which would really suck right now cause I've come sooo far in this mod that it'd kill me if I had to restart.

Thanks anyone for their help with this.

vortexjd

Feb 7, 2014
I've not had any luck with any of the newer dev builds with this stuff. I assume that's because they're unstable dev builds and not release quality. However, there are some pretty severe issues with the 908 release build too. It's really unfortunately because this mod is just so cool.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Just an update... I've added the most recent dev pack (946) and I still cannot get any power from any power source to any machine.
and...
I've not had any luck with any of the newer dev builds with this stuff. I assume that's because they're unstable dev builds and not release quality.
No panic! Micdoodle is aware of the problem, fully or most of it. about the wiring and pipes failing on block update and lack of Mekanism connection.

http://www.twitch.tv/ezerarch/b/503763923 Skip to 33:50 when we start talking about the bugs.

Oh nice, I didn't realize he fixed it now. Good to know!

To clarify: When for the 1st time I had said that he fixed the bug, in fact a part of the problem was fixed, it led me to think everything was okay.

Last edited: