Working on developing galacticraft guide app... [need workers]

Is this an idea worth persuing?

• Total voters

BlueKoda

Nov 4, 2013
Hey guys!

So I recently got galacticraft up and running and I've been experiencing the same problem as many people have with the lack of information about all of the different aspects of the mod. Not only is the information really only available on a couple (official?) poorly maintained wikis, the information on those wikis is often very incomplete or will actually have whole pages of information missing. Also, they aren't very friendly to mobile devices that people play minecraft along with [such as an android tablet in my case].

I am thinking of developing a mobile wiki [app] that would detail everything about the mod but I need help. I'm not sure if I'd need approval from the mod creators, but I'll worry about that later. I already have many of the ideas that would apply to the app, and yes, I know how to develop on mobile platforms. I am currently working on a general minecraft mobile wiki (as if there aren't already a bunch out there), so I have the framework and code for how the app will be designed.

If you're willing to help me, all I really need is people to write articles. Essentially just like the real wiki, every single item in the mod will have it's own page detailing what it is and what it does along with pictures and other info all in a mobile format. You would only need to have limited web dev experience [html, along with maybe some javascript] and only need to know how to apply pre-fabricated html tags to pages.

Depending on how much you help, I'd be willing to include your name [or minecraft username] with the app and of course you'd receive beta versions of the app along with all of the development news.

If you want, I can post some mockup screenshots of what the app might look like, or maybe what the current app I'm developing looks like so you could get an idea of what my thoughts are.

Tell me what you guys think!

BlueKoda

Nov 4, 2013
You could spend your time updating the current wiki.
True, I probably will but that's not entirely the point. The wiki, like most websites, isn't very friendly to touch screens and is missing a lot of core functionality that I have no control over.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It's a little wonky, but I don't have any major issues using it on my tablet. I wonder if there's a way to implement a mobile version of the current wiki.
Anyway, if you intend to make a mobile app be forewarned. GC changes allot, and sometimes it changes most of the recipes. It's still in it's development stage.