Wrong landing place

Lawliet

Aug 3, 2013
When i go to moon, and i go back to earth, i land on another place. So i lost my house :/

Any way to land on place where you launched?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I have an idea of what's happening. What are the Coords of the place you took off from on the Moon, and what are the Coords of the place you landed?
I'm thinking that you might be getting put at the origin when you land, for whatever reason.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I believe I read somewhere that the coords on the moon, and the coords on the overworld are very similar, so If you land on the moon travel a distance, then launch back to overworld you'll land as far as you traveled on the moon away from where you were.
IE Launch from 0,0 on overworld land 0,0 on moon. Launch from 300,300 on moon land 300,300 Overworld. Those numbers are made up, and shouldn't be taken literally.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
I believe I read somewhere that the coords on the moon, and the coords on the overworld are very similar, so If you land on the moon travel a distance, then launch back to overworld you'll land as far as you traveled on the moon away from where you were.
I agree, but I don't think it's the same distance, because the moon should be smaller. Maybe something like 100 blocks on earth are maybe about 50 blocks on moon.

Rex_teh_First

Jul 30, 2013
Actually I launch from the over world and land on the moon roughly in the same co-rods. But from moon back to overworld I land completely else where. I launch from where I landed.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Wait, is your spawn still at your house? If so, as a test, throw Gamerule KeepInventory on and kill yourself, then launch yourself to the Moon and (without moving around!) launch back to the Overworld. Does it still happen?
(if your spawn isn't at your house disregard this.)

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Confirmed

u9ByWRL.jpg

The waypoint list shows the point where it was supposed to land at.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Additional info:

The bug occurs when you go from Overworld to the Moon: the x-coord is overridden by z-coord, and the z-coord is zeroed. When you go from the Moon to the Overworld, the coords are kept, consequently the player will end up landing on different point from the Overworld launch point.

So i lost my house :/
Still lost? Do you still remember the place where you landed?

Last edited:

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I always build me house near the initial spawn point. If you did the same then you just have to die in the overworld, Or just upgrade once MicDoodle fixes it.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Have you thought about the moon and earth rotating?
Do you land on the same point if you do /time set 0 before you press space in the rocket?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Thank you all for your replies, I'm just killing myself when i get to earth again ;P
Before killing yourself, make a chest, put your stuff in, press F3, write down the coordinates, and go ahead. After respawning, go to the coordinates you wrote down so you can retrieve your stuff.

Lawliet

Aug 3, 2013
Before killing yourself, make a chest, put your stuff in, press F3, write down the coordinates, and go ahead. After respawning, go to the coordinates you wrote down so you can retrieve your stuff.
No XD would walk or fly for a long time, I'm playing this with my friend so when we land on Earth again, someone takes all the items. The other one kills him/herself and tp's the one with the items

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I agree, but I don't think it's the same distance, because the moon should be smaller. Maybe something like 100 blocks on earth are maybe about 50 blocks on moon.

you were right when i walked 50 blocks on moon i was 100 blocks away from spawnpoint on earth.