yet another planet suggestion

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013
Hey, I had an idea for a planet suggestion, like its not the only one. Because I am a big Transformers fan, why not add Cybertron? :3 maybe have a surface made out of steel and have all sorts of abandoned electrical devices, and the villagers could be Iron Golems for the Autobots and taller Witches for Decepticons. of course, to get there, I would think that a Faster Than Light drive would need to be added, since Cybertron is supposed to be far away from Earth.

This will probably never happen, but I thought I would throw it out there

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Hey, I had an idea for a planet suggestion, like its not the only one. Because I am a big Transformers fan, why not add Cybertron? :3 maybe have a surface made out of steel and have all sorts of abandoned electrical devices, and the villagers could be Iron Golems for the Autobots and taller Witches for Decepticons. of course, to get there, I would think that a Faster Than Light drive would need to be added, since Cybertron is supposed to be far away from Earth.

This will probably never happen, but I thought I would throw it out there

Ya know, GC is supposed to add planets from our solar system.

but i think this idea is nice for a planet Addon.

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013

Thanks. maybe the boss could be Megatron as a really altered witch or something. maybe one could get to Cybertron with a tier 9 or 10 rocket.
hell, the creatures don't even need to transform, just have the symbols somewhere on the character models. I would also suggest planets from Halo or Metroid, but I can't really think of a good planet from those series that could work- wait a minute. adding a Halo might work. just make an overworld environment, but have it 1000 blocks wide, and make sure there is a "sky bridge". I am such a nerd :3

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013

I don't think GC will only add in planets from our star system(Solar System is the actual name of the body consisted of the Sun and it's planets. Since you put in 'our' before it, the correct name should be star system since you're referring to star systems in general, just pointing out one out of billions. [/nerd]). It's named Galacticraft for a reason. :p

Well, granted Micdoodle might not be able to implement every single freaking star system from the Milky Way, let alone the entire universe, but hey, he might be able to code at least two other star systems!

On-Topic, I don't watch much Transformers, so I suppose I don't have much to add in here. But why use in existing mobs and pretend they're Autobots and Decepticons when you can model and code them in, instead? If someone alterady coded the planet and everything needed to get there, then more likely than not he also can add in the new mobs.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I don't think GC will only add in planets from our star system(Solar System is the actual name of the body consisted of the Sun and it's planets. Since you put in 'our' before it, the correct name should be star system since you're referring to star systems in general, just pointing out one out of billions. [/nerd]). It's named Galacticraft for a reason. :p

Well, granted Micdoodle might not be able to implement every single freaking star system from the Milky Way, let alone the entire universe, but hey, he might be able to code at least two other star systems!

On-Topic, I don't watch much Transformers, so I suppose I don't have much to add in here. But why use in existing mobs and pretend they're Autobots and Decepticons when you can model and code them in, instead? If someone alterady coded the planet and everything needed to get there, then more likely than not he also can add in the new mobs.

when i was playing around with the source code, i discoverd you can add new Galaxy's (milkyways) and in those Galaxy's (milkyways) you can add other planets, so im sure there will come more Galaxy's.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Personally, I think it is uninspired to just take something from game X and just throw it into another project. The universe of Minecraft/Galacticraft should be independent in my opinion. However, addons can easily change that.

Since the basis of Minecraft is a randomly generated world, I'd find that concept intriguing to be expanded into an interstellar scale. The player would be travelling around randomly generated star systems exploring new worlds that's one of a kind. It would be a pretty grand project though.