Next Dimension: Asteroid Belt, amazing Ideas

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Asteroids, that not only provide materials, but, may provide a dungeon with mobs. Love this idea most out of the other ones I've seen.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
No matter how much satisfaction I've received from playing Minecraft, it has somehow always felt like I've been a prisoner. As I'm in complete denial of the new algorithm theory, I'm hoping Galacticraft can take me to a new world there I can start over as a free individual.

I haven't actually read anything about the "new" algorithm. What is it supposed to do/change?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I think the asteroid dimension should be a little.... different. Instead of more dungeons, how about unusual structures abandoned mining bases, probes, ancient monuments...

For example, if you download this world: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/asteroid-chaos/, you can find a floating monument and a lush garden hidden inside a big asteroid.

2014-01-13_04.08.07.png

2014-01-13_04.05.11.png

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I think the asteroid dimension should be a little.... different. Instead of more dungeons, how about unusual structures abandoned mining bases, probes, ancient monuments...

For example, if you download this world: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/asteroid-chaos/, you can find a floating monument and a lush garden hidden inside a big asteroid.
Neat. Maybe both? You could just have those plain, mineral-less asteroids, asteroids with minerals, dungeon asteroids with nothing that special, then probes, mining bases, other bases, and the rarest being that monument with a lush garden. Common to Rare for the second to last sentence.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013

Sounds good to me. I do like the idea of the player isn't being a pioneer in space. Albeit unusual, various probes and abandoned mines of terrestrial origin could possibly occur on other celestial bodies. Respectively there could be structures of lost alien civilizations. Now I know you are referring to asteroids, but I think the same concept could do a nice build-up for the Moon (and other planetary bodies alike) which upon initial visit would just be perceived as a plain grey and lifeless desert.

I haven't actually read anything about the "new" algorithm. What is it supposed to do/change?

It was just some blasphemous equational crazy making by some "scientist" named Ezbert Archstein that there's something exceeding the realm of Minecraft. The only thing that could have done is panic and insurrection among the citizens of Minecraftia.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
@Asteroid Dungeons:
- Derelict Spaceships: large structures made of tin or something, with remains of (non-functional) thrusters and stuff, maybe with some occasional oxygen sealer somewhere in the floor. Large holes in the walls with asteroid stone blocks lying around. Small floating sentry drones shoot laser beams at you. The boss could be either a large security robot or some kind of an giant space creature which took residence in the wreck.

- Giant space creature nest: like the large asteroid worms in star wars, it's a big asteroid with some... thing inside. The weaker mobs on the way to it should be smaller versions of it, it's spawn or something

Other stuff which could be added:

- Half-broken "wild" astrominers which occasionally attack you
- Evolved Ghasts
- Pieces of the Overworld floating around, like broken off by asteroid impacts. With a layer of dead grass and dead trees on top. Maybe rotated, so that the trees point horizontally
- if AE2 is present, intact versions of it's black meteors with the chests inside

Reactions: Ezer'Arch