pulverizer recipes for ores like silicon

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
after a quick test in creative all the other galacticcraft Mars ores will smelt, but not pulverize (unlike their counterparts on the over world, nether etc). the Moon ores will smelt and pulverize, silicon does nothing.
Weird, must be forgot to be added to the smelting list...

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
which loops back to my original question, I will do it myself if someone can explain how (mind you, I have no clue if adding recipes is hard or not)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I just tested using a quarry on each of the ores that Galacticraft adds plus meteors. It seems to me as though they are all working correctly.

Ores like copper, tin, iron, etc. just drop the ore blocks like they are supposed to including cheese ore. Meteors, desh ore, and silicon ore dop raw meteoric iron, desh ore, and raw silicon respectively when they are mined with a quarry, also like they are supposed to.

All items dropped that need to be smelted also work correctly and smelt when placed in a furnace (e.g. moon tin, mars copper, raw meteoric iron). Cheese ore even smelts if picked up with Silk Touch.

So the only ore that cannot be smelted is silicon ore, but it does at least drop raw silicon when mined with a quarry. So as long as you don't pick it with Silk Touch you SHOULD be fine.

Now are you saying that a quarry doesn't drop raw silicon? Or just to make it able to smelt, regardless?

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
The quarries we have are enchantable with things like silk touch, because pulverizing ores yields twice as much and you get byproducts, where you dont with non-enchanted regular quarries.

all I would like is to be able to smelt/pulverize silicon. bring it to the minecraft 21st century with the rest of that mod

I would also be able to plug the glacticraft machines into applied energistic me system . which I have not been able to figure out how yet, but that could just be me