A new active admin?

If there would be a new admin, who should it be?

• Viglantecow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Hello people.

You may have noticed more spamming advertisers are posting spam threads and no admin is doing something about it!

So that's why i created this thread, to pick a new admin.
This is just a suggestion, so a new admin is not 100% guaranteed.

Post what you think of this.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
While I am flattered to be "nominated" for such a role, I must point out that I am not exactly the most tech-savvy individual and have no experience with forum administration. Depending in the duties required of such a person, I may not be the best choice. However, if said duties aren't too terribly demanding when it comes to the computer wiz gadgets then I would be happy to attempt to lend my services.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
I would not call that selfish at all. Of all the nominations up there you are easily the most mature and qualified. No offense to anyone else.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
A new admin? An admin ain't doing anything but being the lazy boss who runs the place. What we need is a mindless moderator drone who can take on cleaning all this toxic spam smeared on the flooring and walls by all of those mindless advertising drones. NBC-suit not included. :]

But yeah, I do understand the point though. Yet, it is at that point I don't know who it should be. As long as the person is trusted by the administration (which I'm sure enough is micdoodle and flashman), nothing should go wrong.

Reactions: SirKillz

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
A new admin? An admin ain't doing anything but being the lazy boss who runs the place. What we need is a mindless moderator drone who can take on cleaning all this toxic spam smeared on the flooring and walls by all of those mindless advertising drones. NBC-suit not included. :]

But yeah, I do understand the point though. Yet, it is at that point I don't know who it should be. As long as the person is trusted by the administration (which I'm sure enough is micdoodle and flashman), nothing should go wrong.
Could be, but i think it would be very hard to make a bot what delete spam threads...
Advertisers will find a new way, thrust me. (Without a good IP-ban, of course.)

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Yay peaple can vote on me :] what i would do if i was admin...

delete all spam bot

make the official off-topic thread important (guess why)

Give warnings to peaple that spam and re-direct them to the off-topic thread

ban a few peaple if they are abusing others

NO SPAM BOTS EVER

and prank AcapitalA....

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Yay peaple can vote on me :] what i would do if i was admin...

delete all spam bot

make the official off-topic thread important (guess why)

Give warnings to peaple that spam and re-direct them to the off-topic thread

ban a few peaple if they are abusing others

NO SPAM BOTS EVER

and prank AcapitalA....
I actually have a neutral vote and was thinking who to vote for...

But that last thing...

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Could be, but i think it would be very hard to make a bot what delete spam threads...
Advertisers will find a new way, thrust me. (Without a good IP-ban, of course.)

Well, I actually meant it as a joke hinting about corporate drones, which are basically people who have bought so deeply into the company's policies that they can be defined as brainwashed. Their boss is their god and the end-user agreement is their bible.

But indeed, automation can't so far completely replace a human as active protection. Atleast it's a good assistance though. For example, the KSP forum has so far had nearly half a million registrations denied according to their Spam-O-Matic statistics. Of course, it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for people actively working on an up-to-date blacklist of known IP:s, usernames and e-mails used by these spammers.

Reactions: AcapitalA
Status
Not open for further replies.