Air properties & Space Gear suggestion

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
This thread is about atmospheres of other planets, and ways to protect against them. OK, here we go:

Air properties:

Has atmosphere (True, False)
False - Planet has no atmosphere. Other air properties (except radiation) will be ignored. Also you can't obtain oxygen in unsealed rooms or outside. You lost more oxygen from oxygen gear.
True - Planet has atmosphere. Nothing especial here.
Protection: If planet has no atmosphere you need void-proof module. In other case you will use twice amount of oxygen.
Examples: Moon

Radiation (0, 1, 2)
0 - No radiation
1 - Radiation from star, damages you only at day.
2 - Radiation from planet. 24/7
Protection: Sealed rooms and terraformers (but no oxygen bubbles!) will protect you. You can also use Radiation-proof module.
Examples: Europa (1), Uranus (2)

Oxygen (0, 1, 2, 3)
0 - No oxygen. To collect oxygen use leaves, or water electrolysis.
1 - Low oxygen level. Oxygen collectors gain little oxygen bonus, but oxygen level is too low to breathe.
2 - Earth oxygen level. Just like on Earth. You can breathe here.
3 - High oxygen level. Big bonus for oxygen collectors + Big bonus for fire spreading.
Protection: Only for 0 and 1: Sealed Rooms, Oxygen Bubble, or just oxygen gear.
Examples: Mars: (0) Overworld (2)

Temperature (-2, -1, 0, 1, 2)
-2 - Very cold. Almost Instant Hypothermia.
-1 - Cold. Slowly lowers temperature of your body and can damage you.
0 - Nothing especial here.
1 - Warm. Like cold, but raises temperature.
2 - Hot! Almost Instant Overheat.
Protection: For cold you can use Cold-proof module. If planet is hot, use Heat-proof module instated.
Examples: Uranus (-2), Venus (1)

Pressure (-1, 0, 1)
-1 - Makes you feel sad and sleepy.
0 - Regular. Nothing especial here.
1 - High pressure. Hurt you. I have no idea how -_-
Protection: You can protect yourself against high pressure by wearing Pressure-proof module.

Air toxicity (0, 1, 2)
0 - No toxicity.
1 - Low toxicity. Gives potion effect if you take off your oxygen mask.
2 - Deadly toxicity. Gives potion effect always.
Protection: Toxin-proof module, sealed rooms and terraformer
Examples: ---

Toxins type (effect id)
Id of potion effect which will be given to players. (see above)
Ex.: Air toxicity "2" and Toxins type "15" gives you blind effect.

Void-proof module: Stops oxygen escaping from you oxygen gear.
Pressure-proof module: Protect against pressure damage.

Heat-proof module: Protect against overheating.
Cold-proof module: Protect against hypothermia.

Toxin-proof module: protect against potion effects, given by air.

Radiation-proof module: protect against radiation.

Water-proof module: You can use your space gear to dive. lol

Temperature expand module: Unlock two top locked slots for Heat-proof and Cold-proof modules

Pressure expand module: Unlock two bottom locked slots for Void-proof and Pressure-proof modules.

It would look like this (ignore this guy on left side :D) :
jeB0Ahb.png

("Padlocked" slots would appear only if you equip expand module)

That's all. Fell free to comment, and suggest new features (especially about pressure ;))

Last edited:

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
I really like the idea of radiation and other environmental factors playing into the mod. Also, I really like the space suit, it looks cool. Great idea my friend, :)

Also, on many celestial bodies like the moon, the suits have to be made dust proof because it can mess up the suits.so maybe there can be a module to do so, and if you don't have one equipped you get slowness III while wearing the suit.

Last edited by a moderator:

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
I really like the idea of radiation and other environmental factors playing into the mod. Also, I really like the space suit, it looks cool. Great idea my friend, :)

Space suit is from other mod (Modular Power Suits). By space gear i mean only modules. (free slots on right)

But I think that if my "space system" would be introduced into GC, MPS author will add new modules (working like my ones) to their stuff.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
I like this idea - But having a module for everything is a bit silly. I agree with everything but the ways to counteract these environmental hazards. Maybe for radiation you could have plating or a sort of cloth to protect against it? Other than that, great suggestion! :D

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
It's not silly, it's just Minecraft. [Ha ha, great joke radio, almost funny]

Ok, first three modules you need in survival is void-proof, heat-proff and preasure-proof, but radiation-proff is advanced technology :)
All modules are for oxygen gear, so when you wear off oxygen mask, they just won't work...

Maybe radiation-proff module would only reduce, but not stop radiation?