Alpha centauri solar system

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
The alpha centauri solar system lies 4light years away from our system which is the closest star to ours,is 2 star orbiting around each other and have a planet near one of the stars which is closer than its star than mercury to ours, the planets name is :Alpha centauri B b
Information: Type: hot terrain
Habitability:Hostile
Mass:1.13Me
Radius: ~1Re
Period:3.24 days
Distance to star:0.04AU
Temperature:~870C
Earth similarity index:0.27
The volcanic planet with the hottest crust,is hostile but exploitable,most of you would be like are you crazy? is that even possible?! Yes it is,there could be a vehicle made of tungsten metal and diamond glass to see through ,limited oxygen and power to keep you on the planet for 40 minutes before leaving. The planet could be used to collect rare kinds of volcanic crystal samples using a robotic arm out front which could be used to advanced tools like a drill.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Firstly, as Zachecho said, Alpha Centauri is real.

Secondly, as has been mentioned many times before, Galacticraft isn't exactly real. I would say it's INSPIRED by real life, but not a simulation. Yes there is the moon and there is Mars and I'm sure most future planets will be based off of real ones, but I'm pretty sure neither of them have underground dungeons with giant skeletons or creepers.

Conclusion: there is no reason why it couldn't eventually be added.

Whether it should or shouldn't I'm not too sure, but complete realism shouldn't be a limiting factor.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Then you just opened a door to so many possiblitys. i've got hundreds of planet ideas but i'm guessing people will be like meh what ever

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Haha, well I should say that I personally prefer it to stick closely to realism, but the fact of the matter is that it's not going to be perfectly realistic whether I want it to be or not.

It's minecraft. Hard to stay realistic in Minecraft lol.

I kinda wish Mitch made up names in stead of using actual planet names or went through the exo-planet database and used those scientific "Gliese 581c" style designations, or even made up some of his own. That way he could do whatever the heck he wanted and wouldn't have to worry about people complaining about whether or not it was realistic.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I see your reasoning for wanting to name them differently since people automatically think that means everything should be identical to said planet, but I for one do at least like the association so that I know what the planet is supposed to resemble (again, not simulate). At least for the first few planets so far.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I see your reasoning for wanting to name them differently since people automatically think that means everything should be identical to said planet, but I for one do at least like the association so that I know what the planet is supposed to resemble (again, not simulate). At least for the first few planets so far.

I agree. Like Mars being the red planet. Maybe make it clear somehow that the names are just coincidental.