An earth-like planet!

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
do you know what new models and textures are? a texture pack
Texture packs are no longer used in the latest MC versions. They are resource packs! Big difference, you can't make a planet look like Earth with just a resource pack. Models aren't exactly a texture. Textures are textures.

EDIT - Just realized the thread's age.

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Texture packs are no longer used in the latest MC versions. They are resource packs! Big difference, you can't make a planet look like Earth with just a resource pack. Models aren't exactly a texture. Textures are textures.

-4 Internet Points

Discription: "Stop bumping this thread"

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
*FacePalm*

This is an death thread commenting on it wont help.

Who cares. Was the thread locked? Nope. If people want to discuss the topic, I don't see why they can't.

Why go to the Moon? There isn't really anything more desirable there than what can be found on the Overworld. It's for the experience, not to mention that other loot can be added there like more schematics for example.

Exactly. Why build a space station? There's literally nothing there. The point is the added challenge. When the mod is further along in development, exploring new places and getting different and/or more abundant ores will also be a reason to go.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Who cares. Was the thread locked? Nope. If people want to discuss the topic, I don't see why they can't.

Exactly. Why build a space station? There's literally nothing there. The point is the added challenge. When the mod is further along in development, exploring new places and getting different and/or more abundant ores will also be a reason to go.
I have the mod mostly for building a space station. Not that important unless it's a RP server or it's a base of operations in space or something, future updates could make space stations really helpful though.

EDIT - This is getting off-topic now, someone should close the thread so people aren't tempted to hit the reply button.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I have the mod mostly for building a space station. Not that important unless it's a RP server or it's a base of operations in space or something, future updates could make space stations really helpful though.

EDIT - This is getting off-topic now, someone should close the thread so people aren't tempted to hit the reply button.

Why? They can talk about the topic all they want.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Seriously this is off topic now. Let's get a fresh start, shall we?
1599px-Gliese_667_Cc_sunset.jpg

An artists depiction of a super earth mentioned earlier in the thread. Gliese 639, was it?

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
Ever heard of the moon EUROPA? Currently revolving around Saturn or Jupiter (I cant remeber which one) is almost exactly like earth, Oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide are present with large reservers of frozen oceans of, you guessed it, H2O. It has a summer temp of around 66 degree ferinheight, though the only problem is that a winter there is about -228 degree ferinheight. Now if we look at Yoglabs video on the moon, we notice a planet named Europa in the planet selecetion menu. Thats right, earth like planets are already in progress in Galacticraft.
In Celcius please?