Compatibility Problem

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
Hi!

I had a problem when I tried to apply a mod with Galacticraft. I use a lot of the calclavia mods like ICBM, Mekanism, etc in a mods folder I've compiled myself. I was making sure everything was compatible, trying first Galacticraft and then adding other mods into the mix to make sure they work together. Then I added Atomic Science, one of Calclavia's mods and it crashed my game before it could even start and I don't know why. I know there was a basic components duplication problem, but I'm not sure where this leaves me. I saw a previous post about this, but failed to draw any fixes from it, something was mentioned about the NEI though... I thought maybe someone here would have some answers.

Here's what my launcher spewed at me: http://pastebin.com/AERUs0TY

Thanks again.

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
I have not had any problems with ICBM mods, just atomic science, wondering if theres a way to fix it, or a fix is going to be released

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
As soon as MicDoodle has time to fix it. He's got allot on his plate. Thanks for the info. You won't have trouble with ICBM till it explodes.

glOOmyART

Sep 4, 2013
i read in another forum that a (temporary?) solution is to copy the basic components from galacticraft.jar into atomicscience.jar...
worked for me...

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Basic Components isn't in the galacticraft jar anymore. It's DLed to the 1.6.2 folder inside the mods folder.

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
Yes, and when I start minecraft after it has been deleted it just creates another version and if I disable it in the config I can't craft any of the items. Plus tin and copper won't spawn on overworld and I can't use the basic components from Calclavia's modsite because then it claims there is a duplicate of the basic components mod.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Can you throw us a pastebin of the ForgeModLoader-client.log
Also check to make sure you're NEI is up to date. It has been causing some BasicComponents duplicate errors.

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
Forge Client: http://pastebin.com/MkgRN19L

It says its duplicate when I have the calclavia basic components mods (so there is technically a duplicate, but that one has tin and copper) and then deletes one. I read in the changelog that mcdoodle had to make a separate "basic components" for some reason. The separate basic components does not have copper or tin in overworld, there is copper and tin on mars and the moon, but there is no way to get there without spawning in the items or components.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
If another mod you use has basic components, you can turn of GC's basic components in the config file.

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
I tried that previously and when I did that I could not craft anything from GC. Plus a popup occured and said that it required basic components in order for GC to function (although I had the exact same version from Calclavia's mod site). Now, as I tried to do it again, I turned the config core to "false" and it loaded the GC Basic Components anyway. Everything would work fine if it had overworld copper and tin in the GC BC but its just not in there.

John Smith

Sep 3, 2013
Ok I figured it out, it was a problem with the server config file, it didn't have overworld tin or copper for some reason and thats why it would not spawn.

glOOmyART

Sep 4, 2013
Basic Components isn't in the galacticraft jar anymore. It's DLed to the 1.6.2 folder inside the mods folder.

that's true, but i just checked ;) as of build 655 the directory basiccomponents is still in the .jar.. you have to extract that directory from the jar and insert it into the atomic science jar overwriting it... i did this using winrar and it works since then...

Reactions: MasterOanarchY