Galactic Craft Server Issues

Chris Black

Apr 2, 2013
I currently have a VPS and I am attempting to run Galacticraft on my server. I have it successfully running but the build I am running is out of date.

I am using the LMGServer 1.5.0 download on Technic Pack . net site.
As updates are being made, how do I go about updating my server... It appears that I can not simply download the updated Galacticraft-Alpha-0.1.32.16.jar and replace the original 0.0.20.jar file in the mods folder within the directory on my server.

Once I have my server updated... Do I need to do anything with this 0.1.32.16.jar on my /.technic folder? I have a 0.0.20.jar in my Mods folder... However replacing it comes up with errors?

Any help would be appreciated. I am just trying to update both my Server's version and mine to match. I can't seem to get my McMyAdmin to update the server automatically although it pops up informing me there is an update.

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
It comes up with errors, because (I believe) from 0.1.22 onwards you have to put the Galacticraft jar in the coremods folder, so not the mods folder.
Remove the 0.0.20 jar from the mods folder, and add the new jar in to the coremods folder.
Don't forget to delete your Galacticraft config folder (located in /server/config), otherwise your world will not work.

Chris Black

Apr 2, 2013
Well, this information I have found out just by browsing how the 1.6.0 installs... however, my mods are all in compatible with the 1.4.7 version of MC is the (LGM) server .jar file I have. So..... I duno what to do. Is the LGM server .jar file just minecraft with a mix of some necessary files or what? If I just copied the 1.5.1 server files over into this .jar would that fix the compatibility issues for the server? No server .jar's have been released. That is what I am trying to update.

Before I guess I didn't realize what I was looking at. The Above post looks to me as the mod files only which still has to be placed on the server in the same fashion as the client version of minecraft. However the .jar that the game is running off of is different. LGM is modified some how and I don't know what with.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
If you're running a 1.4.7 server you can't update past Galacticraft 0.1.20.

If you want to run a newer version of Galacticraft (0.1.32.16 for example) you need to either use MCPC+ or wait until "LGM" is updated to 1.5.1.