Gliese 581g

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
As many of you know, there is a solar system about 20 light years away form earth known as the Gliese 581 solar system with a red dwarf star, Gliese 581 , with 6 planets, but the most popular is gliese 581g due to its distance from its sun, and its habitability. Gliese 581g could have alien life on it, and Maybe, micdoodle might add this planet or solar system, but not for a LONG time, what are your thoughts on this planet? I also made some beta textures of what it might look like minecraft style.

Gliese 581g

Attachments

• Gliese 581 system.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
I like the pic, its yours ?
Reminds me many years ago where I have make such pics (like my profile pic) and forgot half of the world on my planet xD

But another thing. are you interested in some contest like thread in the media section about making planet pics ?

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Yeah, I've been wanting to have a planet with alien life in it to be included in Galacticraft, especially one with a star that is not a yellow main-sequence star. However, keep in mind that Gliese 581g is expected to be tidally-locked to it's parent star, which means that one side of said planet will always face Gliese 581(in other words, one side will be permanently daytime and another side will be permanently nighttime).

On the other hand, Gliese 581g is also speculated to have temperatures ranging from -37°C to -12°C, so the cold factor might balance out the permanent time of day thing(that is, assuming Mic makes the mod so you'll always land in the light side).

poor Proxima Aquarii, never going to have it's solar system :(

It could be the second star system to be explored, after Gliese 581. Either that or the opposite.

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
well we don't have to make everything based off of real life with its possibility of tidal lock, plus its a theory, it hasn't been proven, same with the fact that the planet even exists, but I believe it does

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
well we don't have to make everything based off of real life with its possibility of tidal lock, plus its a theory, it hasn't been proven, same with the fact that the planet even exists, but I believe it does

I agree on that, though a tidally-locked planet would give more variety. But it's Mic who'll decide whether it's tidally-locked or not(or if he's going to include it at all)

Also, if there ARE aliens, I hope we can interact with them more than we can with Villagers(Moon and Overworld), as in, talk to them. Like in the Minecraft Comes Alive mod. Some would be skeptical about you, fearing that you are there for hostile intentions, others will be intrigued by the fact that you are from another planet, and a select few won't even care.