Help with undefined issue of spin thrusters

MeSoLost

Jul 27, 2016
Hello. Wondering if it's my server or what's going on here but I've noticed an issue with spin thrusters. -.- I'm building up everything for a public server and I have 2 space stations for public visit. 1 that doesnt spin and has a glass safety box for getting used to movement in space and another that is more of a social hub and I'd like that one to spin at a graceful rate but I'm having problems. -.- You can see the construction in the picture. To me it would stand to reason that one thruster at x distance from the center of rotation would be equivalent to 4 thrusters at 4x distance. We'll just use arbitrary numbers here so if a thruster exerts a thrust of 100 then a block 4 times the distance away would be moving as if it had a thrust value of 400. Maybe all my mass in motion thinking is off but it hasn't been before.

So what am I getting at? If i put ONE SINGLE spin thruster on the central column it spins the station at full speed (after spin up time) the same as one thruster on the outer ring and same as 4 thrusters on the central column or 4 thrusters on the outer ring. The help for spin thrusters says the more you have the faster your station will spin so my question is, why oh why does my station spin the same speed no matter how many or where i place my spin thrusters? One of my builders is getting motion sick because I can't find a way to regulate the spin speed.2016-09-11_22.45.00.png