Launching Problem

JerryTodd

Mar 19, 2014
Okay, so, I got the mod all set-up and I took the time to watch an out-of-date galacticraft video, and to my knowledge, everything is correct (that is, all of the versions are up to date and I am using them correctly). When I first logged in, everything seemed fine and to work as the mod was designed to, but when I tried to take off to the moon, the rocket wouldn't launch. The rocket was fully loaded when I tried to launch, and everything else seemed to be working , but when I press space to launch, it simply doesn't launch. The countdown doesn't countdown, it just stays at twenty and nothing happens as if I didn't press space. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? My apologies if it's a really obvious answer and a burden to answer this, I just had to ask because I'm really bad with this technical stuff.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
How many times did you press the space bar and did you notice any messages pop up in the chat window? I only ask because based on your description it sound like you have progressed fairly quickly leading me to assume you are in creative mode. Or am I assuming too much? To get to my point, if you haven't equipped a parachute (and possibly the same for oxygen gear) it will warn you when you press the space bar. You can still launch if you press it a second time unless you jump out and try again.

Oh and by "fully loaded" do you mean fully fueled as well? Not to insult your intelligence, just checking the basics.

Reactions: SirKillz

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Most likely a message popped up saying I don't have a parachute if I launch now theres no coming back. I assumed you were in creative. Just spam the space bar about 3 times and it should work.

JerryTodd

Mar 19, 2014
How many times did you press the space bar and did you notice any messages pop up in the chat window? I only ask because based on your description it sound like you have progressed fairly quickly leading me to assume you are in creative mode. Or am I assuming too much? To get to my point, if you haven't equipped a parachute (and possibly the same for oxygen gear) it will warn you when you press the space bar. You can still launch if you press it a second time unless you jump out and try again.
Oh and by "fully loaded" do you mean fully fueled as well? Not to insult your intelligence, just checking the basics.

I pressed the space bar at least twenty times, then only a few, and then I mashed it for about a solid minute; there was no activation or message of any sort. I had tried to launch both in and out of creative mode and I also tried again today, both proving futile. Another thing I tried was to take all of my gear off to try to launch to get that parachute warning message, but the exact same thing happened; nothing.
Also, yes, I did mean "fully fueled", thank you for the correction. :)

Most likely a message popped up saying I don't have a parachute if I launch now theres no coming back. I assumed you were in creative. Just spam the space bar about 3 times and it should work.

Thank you for your advice, however, it didn't work when I tried it. :(

JerryTodd

Mar 19, 2014
I just thought of something, am I supposed to be able to directly input fuel canisters into rockets and buggys? If so, then my version is definitely bugged.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I just thought of something, am I supposed to be able to directly input fuel canisters into rockets and buggys? If so, then my version is definitely bugged.

Ok. I figured you probably were doing things correctly (which it sound like you are). Just wanted to be certain everything was addressed. Which version of Galacticraft are you using and/or have you tried using a different version?

JerryTodd

Mar 19, 2014
Ok. I figured you probably were doing things correctly (which it sound like you are). Just wanted to be certain everything was addressed. Which version of Galacticraft are you using and/or have you tried using a different version?

No, I've only been using this one version: Galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.11.978

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch

Ever heard of quoting? also you need micdoodlecore galacticraft and galacticraft-planets

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013

Do you have anyother mods installed? Or is it just galacticraft core galacticraft planets, and the micdoodle core?

JerryTodd

Mar 19, 2014
Ever heard of quoting? also you need micdoodlecore galacticraft and galacticraft-planets

Yes, I have, I simply never knew how to do so and yes I have both of those downloads installed as well.

Do you have anyother mods installed? Or is it just galacticraft core galacticraft planets, and the micdoodle core?

I did, when I first installed Galacticraft, have the Pixelmon mod installed, however, I have tried it many times without Pixelmon installed and it hasn't worked regardless.