Moon boss dungeon playtest

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I made a quick playtest of the Moon's boss and its dungeon using my personal pack of mods to see how it'd work with it.

My comments (complete details in the video description):

This is my quick playtest in a moon dungeon, a new feature added in Galacticraft mod (devbuild #292).

The goal is to defeat the Moon's boss to get the key to open the treasure chest. In the treasure chest you'll find the schematics to build a more advanced space ship to travel to other planets.

The "dungeon" in fact is a small version of a stronghold, shorter, harder and incredibly dark; torches don't lit, other light emitters do, though. You have to get through a hallways full of "moon-ish" hostile mobs and cobwebs. You may find a chest with supplies in the middle way.

The boss is held in the room before the treasure chest room. He's very tall, shoots arrows and can catch the player to throw at the walls. Once killed, a key is dropped; you can now open the treasure chest.

Honestly, I think I screwed it up a bit. I faced a few problems while playing so I had to record a couple of time and then put together the pieces to show a bit of each thing.

- The 1st time I got the boss room, there was no boss (@ 2:18). I had to head back to the entrance and do the path again, then he spawned. I don't know if it was due to the mods I was using.

- The boss meter kept appearing and disappearing. It was triggered a lot of times even if I was away from the boss room, even on the surface.

- I thought the boss was pretty powerful for the armor I was using, so I ended up going overboard and killed him too fast (well, it's the 1st boss anyway). I had to do the boss part twice.

- I could shoot the boss far away. The final hallway protected me from him. If I enter the room straightaway the boss fight gets longer and fair. Considering I was using Modular Powersuit, it was pretty unfair for the boss since he couldn't fight me.

- The dungeon has no vertical variation. It should, to prevent the player from shooting at targets far away.

I made this playtest with my personal mod pack to play tech/space themed worlds. I played it with my pack because I wanted to know if it would work or not with the mods I have.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
mfEanxj.png

It's possible to defeat the boss without engaging into a direct fight. Instead of a long hallway leading to the boss room, an anteroom or staircase would be okay.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
when i was using the mining turtle(an automatic mining robot)(Computercraft) he was just digging down and he just mined threw my dungeon i was like wth?:eek:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
how do you know where to find them 0.o or are they random?
The are randomly generated, like the normal dungeons.

There is a Moon dungeon every 400 or 500 m. You can find them by looking for very deep and dark holes in the ground inside craters as shown in the 1st 4 seconds of the video.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
The are randomly generated, like the normal dungeons.

There is a Moon dungeon every 400 or 500 m. You can find them by looking for very deep and dark holes in the ground inside craters as shown in the 1st 4 seconds of the video.
I don't care what anyone else says, the entrance to the Moon Dungeon was inspired by me blowing a giant hole to bedrock on 1029Chris' old server and then getting trapped inside it. :p