Moon lander

Mar 5, 2013
I came up with this though that you could add Apollo 11 like a Luna lander to make it more realistic. Because you can´t use parachutes in space and it dosen´t make any sence and there is no air there.

By the way I just want to thank you for making a mod like this. Keep at it

zeus9999

Mar 4, 2013
well its not really a big rocket you ride in so it would probably just land on the planet easily. also its a game

chris

Mar 1, 2013
wait....aye captain a shute in space is pointles. but even the mars rover and some of his parents on mars had landing systems with a shute. remember the crawlers in the big rubber ball with 20 shutes. its not near as cool as what nasa did this time, you all see that hover dump rocket that dropped the rover and flew ..that was pimping

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
The parachutes used by the Mars lander are used there because Mars has an atmosphere, therefore parachutes will be caught in the air resistance. I think that instead of a parachute, use a personal container which is surrounded by impact cushions, not unlike the ones used by the Mars Rovers on impact. Perhaps reverse thrusters to slow down the impact as well.

chris

Mar 1, 2013
i love all the ideas about space travel. id never land lol. but yea a firefly has 2 shuttles.. its a great idea. if anyone ever put a big star ship from star trek in here the shuttle would lag it less than bringing in the flying city.

Jeron L

Mar 10, 2013
Well, it depends, really. You could maybe have the visual effect of a 'lander' while keeping the functionality of the parachute. The lander would probably vanish when you land, then. I'm not sure how feasible that is, but it would help in general for all worlds. You could also go with the alternative of having the same rocket you blast off in come down on a tail of fire like in classic sci-fi.

Not only would it be suitably old-school for minecraft, but with modern-day reusable spacecrafts, it's even a halfway plausible system to use, too. And it would make a lot more sense than parachutes. :p

In either case, I'd guess that the spaceship and such would be added back into the inventory on landing.

Reactions: flashman111