(Offhandedly Mentioned This Idea, But...) Next Stop: The Sun

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
I commented on my long term ideas post and got off on an idea of harsh planets, then I mentioned going to the sun. You will need to augment your suit a d your ship with special gear (need to find blueprint to upgrade), but then you will be able to travel to the sun . I imagine this place (and future stars you can travel to) to have a surface almost entirely covered in lava, but maybe you can build little islands to make a base on, and I was thinking possibly making some lava counterpart of a submarine and/or boat. Under the deep lava ocean, I was thinking maybe put a solar dungeon. I imagine some lava based creatures thriving in the lava, like magmoors, lava based fish, and a variety of other creatures. I also imagine dragons (made out of some sort of living lava material) flying low altitude and attacking you on site (cause they have no idea what the heck you are). As you travel, you will occasionally find nests that belong to the dragons. You notice that there are many dragons keeping a close eye on the nest, but while you are inside, they aren't attacking you (oddly). You see many eggs in there, which look really rocky, though some are starting to have flames burst through them. One egg catches your eye and stands out from the rest. It looks like a giant molten fireball in an egg-like shape. You approach this one and as you do, it starts to move. You then realize its hatching. As you carefully approach it, a worm-like thing pops out, which appears to be made of pure lava. It starts slowly approaching you. You freeze, and it finally makes its way to you. Suddenly it jumps on top of you, punches a hole through your heat resistant armor, slides into your body and you sit there staring at your death screen wondering what the frick just happened. You watch the body that used to be your own turn fiery and your armor crack off. If you sit there long enough, you will watch it turn into one of the dragons, and take flight to guard the nest. Oooh, now your mad, you just lost everything you had to those things, whatever they are. After finally getting back to the sun and (luckily you set a waypoint with REI's minimap) get back to the nest. Out of rage, you start punching one of the immature eggs, then suddenly all the dragons circling the nest swoop down and start bombarding you with flames - except one, who stays high altitude and pulls out something, and you quickly realize its the bow that you kept on your person before being killed by the worm. Though now it's all molten and fiery, and the dragon starts firing it at you (how did he manage to keep it from melting in the first place). You quickly die learning never to do that again... (Help me come up with more creature ideas)

Last edited:

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
I commented on my long term ideas post and got off on an idea of harsh planets, then I mentioned going to the sun. You will need to augment your suit a d your ship with special gear (need to find blueprint to upgrade), but then you will be able to travel to the sun . I imagine this place (and future stars you can travel to) to have a surface almost entirely covered in lava, but maybe you can build little islands to make a base on, and I was thinking possibly making some lava counterpart of a submarine and/or boat. Under the deep lava ocean, I was thinking maybe put a solar dungeon. I imagine some lava based creatures thriving in the lava, like magmoors, lava based fish, and a variety of other creatures. I also imagine dragons (made out of some sort of living lava material) flying low altitude and attacking you on site (cause they have no idea what the heck you are). As you travel, you will occasionally find nests that belong to the dragons. You notice that there are many dragons keeping a close eye on the nest, but while you are inside, they aren't attacking you (oddly). You see many eggs in there, which look really rocky, though some are starting to have flames burst through them. One egg catches your eye and stands out from the rest. It looks like a giant molten fireball in an egg-like sha
While it's a nice idea, I don't think this is going to happen. So far galacticraft has been realistic (for minecraft-standard realistic, at least ) and while it might be interesting I dont think mitch would add something like the sun unless it would be to have a space station orbiting the sun, due to the massive amount of heat and... lack of solid on the surface.... creative idea for... uh... sunfish?

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
While it's a nice idea, I don't think this is going to happen. So far galacticraft has been realistic (for minecraft-standard realistic, at least ) and while it might be interesting I dont think mitch would add something like the sun unless it would be to have a space station orbiting the sun, due to the massive amount of heat and... lack of solid on the surface.... creative idea for... uh... sunfish?
Sorry about the abrupt cutoff, not used to the iPhone I'm using, but I posted a complete version

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
The whole lava ocean aspect might make things interesting, maybe add a few magmatic creatures and you got a really hostile world, maybe bigger fish want to see how you taste, and smaller ones spew flames at you in fear, it's like a world made completely of lava (but I get your point)

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
There was talk of adding Venus, with tons of corrosion, this may do as a fiery counterpart (maybe you can search for an under-lava "sungeon" with a hellish boss)

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
The whole lava ocean aspect might make things interesting, maybe add a few magmatic creatures and you got a really hostile world, maybe bigger fish want to see how you taste, and smaller ones spew flames at you in fear, it's like a world made completely of lava (but I get your point)
If t was like the old GalactiCraft where the moon was made of plain stone, then yeah, lava would make since for the sun. But now it doesn't really fit GCs realism. (Realism for MineCraft.) This sounds like some dimension in a mod you wish for. That, or, a really tough Nether.

Reactions: Vigilantecow

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Well, in real life any type of material within the sun of 2 million miles would be incinerated but of course the mod isen't 100% realistic so yeah this is a great idea. but micdoodle has been trying to go for realism

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Well, in real life any type of material within the sun of 2 million miles would be incinerated but of course the mod isen't 100% realistic so yeah this is a great idea. but micdoodle has been trying to go for realism
Wouldn't be fair for the gas giants out there, or places skipped between here and the sun. :p It is a mod that aims to be realistic for minecraft standards, so realistic everything besides a few Minecrafty-like mobs.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Wouldn't be fair for the gas giants out there, or places skipped between here and the sun. :p It is a mod that aims to be realistic for minecraft standards, so realistic everything besides a few Minecrafty-like mobs.
Then might as well make a lava submarine. It's minecraft!