oxygen probleme

hasanlatch007

Aug 20, 2013
i got probleme with the oxygen the leaves keep dispearing so it wont get enough power to charge because they keep despairing so try changing it to something else or dont make it when we put it it start making oxygen and if u do that change thx alot :D

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Lol you may be right Ezer. I haven't spent much time in space to see how fast the decay is. The collectors are supposed to work on other plant's as well. Supposed to. I believe trees are the only thing with a decay rate.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I haven't spent much time in space to see how fast the decay is.
Not that fast. I think, it's 1 leaf block per 1 or 2 minutes.

When I started playing GC, I used to fill the Oxygen farm with a stack of leaves... almost 1 hour later there was a few blocks remaining, and then...

I turned off the leaf decay. To balance it I cut the suffocation time in a half.

In my opinion, the leaf decay punishes the player for doing something right because they will decay no matter the good you do, they are consumed to produce O2. Leaves should be a mean to produce O2, not to be consumed. They should decay if you do something wrong. Leaves would decay if: there's no water block nearby, no sunlight for long periods of time (the blocks above the leaves must be transparent) and if there's no tree trunk blocks to support them. Just a thought.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
core.conf

Line #104, after # general
Code:
  # If set to true, Oxygen Collectors will not consume leaf blocks.
  B:"Disable Oxygen Collector Leaf Decay"=true