Proportioned Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
In all fairness we should scrap the existing rockets and the player has to build their rocket block by block, build them selves a fuel loading system.

The main ideas of this are

The size of the fuel tanks ( which would be properly scaled) will be dependent on where you travel, so for example if you wanted to go to mars, the fuel tanks you would need to build will have to be much greater that that than going to the moon.

This would come nicely under the customisation idea.

And I feel that the rockets will need to be more of a challenge to build, the original NASA missions were immensely complex, the galacticraft rockets needn't be far too complex, but enough to pose a serious challenge to the player.
(Maybe there can be very valuable resources that will motivate the player)

A final idea is that you cannot travel to the moon or any other planet without serious amounts of experience.
And for example, in order to travel to mars, you will need to build the rocket out of resources found on the moon.

Thanks for reading.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Also just another idea, once a world has been created, a structure spawns, this structure will contain mpc's.
You could employ workers to build a proper station on earth, end eventually build your rocket for you, however you will need to pay them, and trade with them.

I take this idea from the tale of kingdoms mod

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Also just another idea, once a world has been created, a structure spawns, this structure will contain mpc's.
You could employ workers to build a proper station on earth, end eventually build your rocket for you, however you will need to pay them, and trade with them.

I take this idea from the tale of kingdoms mod
I've only heard things about that mod. But that can really work, however, if your trying to do that on an already created world, you could craft something that would spawn a village/structure like that one (within two or three Minecraft days)! And one more thing, I don't know about building your rockets block-by-block, but, if it doesn't require too many hard to find items, then that could work! (like 6 diamond blocks or 32 iron blocks)

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
I think once the rocket is built, either by the workers or the player, it becomes an entity , for 1, 2, 3 or 4 players.
A control block (that can be crafted) will be inside the cockpit, and can be set to fly to a planet of their players choice.

Another idea that there are blueprints for sections of the rocket that have to to be calculated accurately using maths, or a complex crafting method, to make harder for the player.. This can be given to an mpc in order to employ workers to build that section of the rocket.

e.g.; a blue print for the SRB's
another for the orbiter, another for fuel tanks, that can be made from fuel cell blocks, and the further that planet the more you need in the rocket.(these are what need fueling.)

Another for that control block.

Also you could have workers that not just build the rocket but mine for you, and you could, ask them to mine either iron or redstone or diamond.

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
I think the way it would fly is by using the same principle as the Zeppelin mod, but changed to have vibrations, and a faster accent rate

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
If the player wanted they could have a rocket that big.

However i feel the size depends on where you travel, just to get into orbit, a relatively small rocket, but to get to pluto, maybe that size is necessary?

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
If the player wanted they could have a rocket that big.

However i feel the size depends on where you travel, just to get into orbit, a relatively small rocket, but to get to pluto, maybe that size is necessary?
Possibly, but judging by the fact it's at least 125 blocks tall or more, perhaps a bit less. But, perhaps half(ish) the size for planets not only far, but intense with gravity and weather so it can hold up and have enough fuel. Like Jupiter!

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
In order to access the furthermost reaches of space, you must craft a Starship. Your voyage beyond the Solar System begins at Pluto, which shall serve as your gateway to the planets which lie beyond. (Launching the Starship from Pluto gives you access to many more planets on the Planet Select Screen.)

Starship Destinations
  • Gliese 163 c - A very Earth-like planet, but has new ores and the land generates like the Extreme Hills biomes with considerably more lava. The grass on Gliese 163 c is a brownish-white. The new ores found on Gliese 163 c are:
    • Vulcanized Sap ore - (produces Vulcanized Sap dust when mined. Ore is dark gold.) When crafted with a crafting table you get an Ionization Furnace, which, when powered with a redstone signal, can repair any tool as well as retain enchantments on said tools. Can also cook food at 1.5 times the speed of a normal furnace.
    • Shimmering ore - (Ore is bright silver. Produces shimmering ore block when mined, must be smelted into Shimmering Ingot. Can be crafted into tools and armour, slightly less durable than diamond, but receives a minor enchantment when crafted, as well as produces shimmering silver-ish armour and tools.
    • Blood Root ore - (Ore is dark green and brown, produces Blood Root when mined.) Can be crafted like TNT (replacing the sand) to create Combustible Root, which auto-ignites when places and causes 3 times the explosion that TNT does. Can also be crafted with wheat and Blaze Powder to create Hellfire Root Nibblet, (can be farmed). When a Hellfire Root Nibblet is eaten, it gives you 10 seconds of fire resistance and 5 seconds of strength. Must be planted near lava to grow. 110% gravity
  • Biomes -
    • High Mesas - A biome which consists primarily of sand with the occasional butte/mesa made of sandstone. Typically contain ores inside of them.
    • Promontory - An extreme-hills-esque area which is dominated by massive mountains made primarily of stone. Lava falls are fairly common here.
    • Stalklands - A flat land with numerous large dormant volcanoes. The leftover rubble from volcanic explosions has left the area fairly fertile, and Oxidized Weeping Stalk is very common here. Star Children Villages also spawn here.
    • Caldera - A biome which is actually a massive caldera, the biome is dominated by a large rock/grass wall. The insides of these calderas can contain valuable ores within them, as well as small lava pools.
Other resources found on Gliese 163 c are:​
  • Oxidized Weeping Stalk, a light blue, wheat-like food that grows naturally in abundance on Gliese 163 c. When eaten, it fills up 3 hunger bars and 20 saturation.
Mobs -
  • Silverfish
  • Gliesien Star Children (they look like baby villagers but wear white and gold clothes.) They are very intelligent and will be drawn to your Starship if it is within range, if right-clicked on with a block of Overworld dirt, they will take it and give you a Gliesien Star Child spawn egg (as they have developed cloning technology) which you can use to spawn a Gliesien Star Child anywhere you like.
[*]Star Golem - Like Iron Golems but lights mobs it attacks on fire.
[*]Weeper - Look identical to an Oxidized Weeping Stalk but when harvested it attacks, it delivers an initial damage of 4 hitpoints (2 hearts) (when you're unarmoured) as well as poison for 5 seconds. Drops an Oxidized Weeping Stalk as well as (rarely) lapis lazuli.
[/LIST]
  • Nemesis - The endgame destination. Nemesis will put your survival skills to the ultimate test. Nemesis is a truly volatile place to be, with spouts of fire erupting all over the landscape and giant gashes in the ground filled to the brim with lava, Nemesis will turn you into a pile of ash faster than a twig in a bonfire. Nemesis is inhabited by the following:
    • Scorch Crags - Large, beetle-like insects which rapidly shoot fire charges at you.
    • Magma Worm - A worm-like creature that will slowly follow you around, they are not aggressive unless you run away from them. They will fire slowness potions at you and, once they come close, spawn a mass of fire around the player.
    • Magma Cubes
    • (rare) Blazes
  • Structures on Nemesis -
    • Fire Spouts - Blocks which occasionally shoot fire high into the sky.
    • Gashes - Ravine-like formations which always spawn with lava in them.
    • Sun Spots - Large pits which rarely spawn, these pits go straight to the void and have valuable resources surrounding the edge of them. Typically spawn with numerous blazes near them.
    • CME Arch - A very rare formation which spawns as a large incomplete arch made of fire and Nemesis Powder. These arches can span between 50 to 200 blocks and can reach all the way to the skybox.
    • Scourge Labyrinth - A large cave-system like formation which is home to the Scourge. These labyrinths have one very large room that contains the Scourge itself.
  • Ores on Nemesis
    • Afflicted Coal - The most common ore, spawns near the surface. Can be used as a more-efficient subsitute for coal. Looks identical to coal but with orange splotches in the ore.
    • Sulvanite - A semi-rare ore (same rarity as lapis) which can be crafted into armour. Automatically enchanted with Fire Protection 2 or 3 when crafted. Slightly less durable than diamond but offers a little bit more protection.
    • Kelvium - A very rare ore which spawns in layers 5-1, can be crafted into (same durability and strength as diamond) tools or, when crafted with a fire charge and a bucket, Kelvium deposit. When places, Kelvium deposit spawns a 5x5x2 pool of water, this is useful because water buckets do not work on Nemesis.
    • Pyreite - An ore which looks identical to diamond but, when mined, will turn into a lava source block. Pyreite can only be collected with a silk-touch pickaxe and then must be smelted to give your Pyreite Ingot. Pyreite ingots can be crafted into Pyreite Stay, which are boots which have the same protection as iron but allows the wearer to remain planted to the ground when the gravity is less than 100%. Pyreite ingots can also be crafted with blaze rods to make a Pyreite Scimitar, which are basically swords which deal the same damage as a sharpness2 diamond sword and has the bonus of lighting enemies on fire.
  • The Scourge - The Endgame boss of Galacticraft. The Scourge is a creature which looks like a red-tinted hostile wolf and is the same size as one. The Scourge has 1000 hit points (2000 hearts) and is capable of two-hit killing a diamond armoured player. The Scourge also lights the player on fire (and its attacks cancel out Fire resistance potions). When the Scourge is low on health, it will summon a Scorch Crag to fight for it while it regains health. Despite being a wolf-like creature, the Scourge is veryintelligent, and will even communicate with the player, saying things such as "I don't take to your intrusion lightly." and "Forgive me, but you the universe does not belong to you, you arrogant fool!". The Scourge's attacks also cancel out all potion effects active on the player. If the player has a sword in their hand, the Scourge will attack with ranged attacks, if the player has a bow in their hand, the Scourge will attack with melee attacks. When killed, the Scourge will drop enough experience points to raise the player from level 1 to 101, the Scourge will also drop 1 Star Dust.Star Dust can be crafted into the following:
    • Armour - More durable than diamond, automatically enchanted with Stellar Wind 1.
    • Tools - Axe, Pickaxe, Shovel. More durable and slightly faster than diamond.
    • Star Cutlass - Crafted with 2 blaze rods, and 2 Star Dusts. The Star Cutlass deals the same damage as a sharpness 10 diamond sword. Automatically enchanted with looting 1 and Corona Afflication 1 (40%)/Tidal Lock (60%).
    • Bowshock - Crafted with a bow and 1 stardust. Enchanted with Event Horizon 1.
  • Nemesis Enchants - These enchantments cannot be obtained with Enchanting tables, only from crafting. You can use an anvil to upgrade Stellar Wind, Tidal Lock, and Event Horizon by crafting two weapons enchanted with the same enchants.
    • Stellar Wind- When attacked by another mob, the mob is hit with a weakness potion and is knockbacked the same distance as a knockback 2 sword.
    • Corona Affliction - When a mob is attacked, the mob is struck by lightning and, very briefly, a ghost version of the Scourge will appear behind the attacked mob.
    • Tidal Lock - When a mob is attacked, the mob will receive slowness and, upon death, the Player who attacked it will receive 1 heart of health. An image of the Scourge's face will also briefly appear on screen.
    • Event Horizon - When a mob is hit with an arrow, the mob is brought towards the player. When the mob is brought towards the player, the player's melee attacks deal twice as much damage. The arrow still harms the mob.
  • Blocks of Nemesis -
    • Nemesis Powder - A red and white block with the same properties as sand.
    • Nemesis Crust - A blood-red block with the same properties as stone.
    • Scorch Rubble - An orange-gray block with the properties as gravel.
    • Tinder Bluff - A very hard, black-blue block which spawns on the ends of CME arches.
    • Scourge Masonry - A brown-red block which lines the corridors of the Sourge's labyrinth.
    • Headroom Stonework - A white-gray block which looks like Quartz columns. Spawns on the walls of the Scourge's room.

The idea of these star ships would come nicely under the idea that I am showing here, I think that the resources on these planets would be so worthwhile, that a proper ship would have to be constructed, probably the size in the picture above.

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
The idea of these star ships would come nicely under the idea that I am showing here, I think that the resources on these planets would be so worthwhile, that a proper ship would have to be constructed, probably the size in the picture above.
O_O GENIUS!!!!!! For the first planet, maybe you need to have a special ship made on there, then to the boss planet (I'm sorry I can't remember their names because I'm on the second page). Now I'm dying for Micdoodle to see this page! How did you come up with all of that?

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Possibly, but judging by the fact it's at least 125 blocks tall or more, perhaps a bit less. But, perhaps half(ish) the size for planets not only far, but intense with gravity and weather so it can hold up and have enough fuel. Like Jupiter!

Yes, the size and also the materials would need to be considered.

Perhaps to simulate pressure, glass panes would break if there was oxygen on one side and not the other.

Getting back to rockets, the Space centre and the NPC's

I will outline the principles involved:

The Blueprints for the Rockets.
Each section of the Rocket has to be build from a blueprint, so for example

The Thrusters, at the rear of the rocket, will vary depending on the situation.

The Fuel Tanks. these will be containers made of a certain block, that is either filled by a liquid, or fuel cells. So you either pump the liquid in or recharge the fuel cells.

The Body will surround everything, and will be made of a different blocks, it will contain insulators to protect the player from heat of either the planets or re-entry.

The Cockpit, this will be the heart of the rocket, it will contain a few special blocks that control everything, these are where you tell it which planet to go to, (if the rocket can survive there) as well as control take off and landing.

The NPC's

Lets say that there is a 'leader' NPC, this guy will be the main person in the entire project, first of all you need to research the planets, because how would you build the rocket.​
The way you would research is first telescopes, then satellites, and eventually you would have enough information to fly there.​
The more people you employ the faster the process.​
This 'leader' NPC' will create groups of workers that research these areas.​
Once all the research has been done, you can employ scientists to calculate what the rocket should be like, e.g. what blocks it should be made out of.​
After that, the 'leader' NPC will employ workers and builders to build the rockets.​
So just to outline You have groups of Npc's​
Researchers​
Scientists​
Builders​
and the 'leader' NPC who you tell what must happen, and he will inform the user of events.​
The Structures.

Once the world has been generated, a small building spawns, of which the blocks cannot be broken (so no cheating) inside will be 1 NPC who will guide you to building your first space centre on the overworld.​
In order to make the centre, you will have to complete certain criteria, which will be,​
50 levels of experience​
Recourses in order to build the centre.​
Have employed 20 workers so far.​
Complete a test ( which will be made later,) to show your understanding of Galacticraft.​
A large amount of wealth,(can be decided later)​
These are ideas at the moment​
Once the criteria is fulfilled, the workers you have employed will build the structure, which as gamegeek1234 suggested will take several minecraft days.​
The more workers you employ the faster the process.​
The new structure will be made around the over the top of the existing one.​
The NPC at the beginning will become the 'leader' NPC in the space centre.​
Once the structure is completed, it will contain an area say 25 blocks by 25 by 100​
Here is where the rocket will be constructed.​
Once the research has been done on rocket thrusters, you have the ability to set builders to build this in the designated area.​
Once research on fuel tanks have been done, they can be built, and so on and so on.​
I think this idea is nice because you will be able to see it progress.​
Once the rocket is completed, the rocket can be moved out of the building to the launch pad (which will be part of the structure) at this point you are ready for take off.​
I think that the components of the rocket need to be tested for faults.​
Lets say that the thrusters have a 1 in 20 chance of failing, so they need to be tested by another group of NPC's if they are good they can be used.​
I think for the fun of it that if the player decides not to test the components, the rocket may spin out of control and crash, killing the player.​

Status
Not open for further replies.